News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Magdalena on May 14, 2019, 04:26:02 PM
Quote from: Buddy on May 14, 2019, 02:15:59 PM
The state of American healthcare is depressing.
I agree with you. I went to see the doctor and I said, "You gave me vitamin B-12 and folic acid for anemia, I need a refill."
He said, "You don't have anemia."
:picard facepalm:

Well you shouldn't have if you have faithfully been taking the meds. You'd think he would have have said it shows the medication is working, so here's some more.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Magdalena

Quote from: Essie Mae on May 15, 2019, 08:20:57 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on May 14, 2019, 04:26:02 PM
Quote from: Buddy on May 14, 2019, 02:15:59 PM
The state of American healthcare is depressing.
I agree with you. I went to see the doctor and I said, "You gave me vitamin B-12 and folic acid for anemia, I need a refill."
He said, "You don't have anemia."
:picard facepalm:

Well you shouldn't have if you have faithfully been taking the meds. You'd think he would have have said it shows the medication is working, so here's some more.
I don't know what's going on. First, he tells me I have it, then he tells me I don't after taking vitamins for 4 only months?
He ordered another blood test.
:sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Bad Penny II

I voted today in the federal election.
Labor put up a vacuous guy called Bill.
I voted their way and we went down.
The unlosable  election lost, surprise.
Things did used to be better than this.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

Well, they scheduled me next Saturday even though I requested it off. No steam engine show this year.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on May 25, 2019, 01:52:56 AM
Well, they scheduled me next Saturday even though I requested it off. No steam engine show this year.
:therethere:

Buddy

Our cleaning crew at work keeps leaving the front door open. It's a huge PITA because every time that happens, we have to call security, who dispatches the police, who have to clear the whole building before we can enter.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Buddy on May 25, 2019, 02:07:41 PM
Our cleaning crew at work keeps leaving the front door open. It's a huge PITA because every time that happens, we have to call security, who dispatches the police, who have to clear the whole building before we can enter.

The front door of your bank? Cleaning crew gets fired, end of story. That's crazy lazy, right there.

Buddy

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 25, 2019, 02:26:57 PM
Quote from: Buddy on May 25, 2019, 02:07:41 PM

The front door of your bank? Cleaning crew gets fired, end of story. That's crazy lazy, right there.

It takes a lot to be fired here. There has been ongoing issues with the cleaning crew not doing their job well.

xSilverPhinx

Waiting for 3 hours in the airport to board my first flight. Then it's another 7 hours of of waiting in another airport until I finally get to get on a plane that will take me home.

jumbojak

Either wait or start walking...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on June 08, 2019, 09:30:38 PM
Either wait or start walking...

Thinking if doing a little bit of both. When I get tired of walking, I wait. When I get tired of waiting, I walk.

Thing is I have my backpack, two heavy bags of books (hey, got them at a discount) and my carry on. It's not exactly easy to pace around with them.