News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

They're praying for you Buddy. I have managed to remain silent.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Someone came into my hospital room yesterday while I was in surgery and stole all of my credit cards and my HSA card and charged hundreds of dollars to all of them
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on July 10, 2019, 11:57:38 AM
Someone came into my hospital room yesterday while I was in surgery and stole all of my credit cards and my HSA card and charged hundreds of dollars to all of them

FFS!!!  >:( >:( >:(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Buddy on July 09, 2019, 06:17:09 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2019, 05:59:57 PM
Quote from: Buddy on July 09, 2019, 05:10:12 PM
Thanks guys. I'm alive and appendix free. Feel a bit sore but nowhere near the level of pain that I was in this morning.

Shouldn't this be in the 'Reasons to be cheerful' thread?

Not quite because I'm still not home yet. Hopefully end of tomorrow

You were right to delay the move to the cheerful thread.

I didn't take your cards, how could I?

Villains often say how could I.

I was busy today.
Today at the supermarket self checkout area I had a heap of little salmon cans so i asked the attendant to key in 24 and just after I did I realised I had 48.

Should that be in the reasons to be cheerful thread?

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Buddy

Yeah it sucks a lot but it could be worse. Thankfully I caught it right away because I have alerts sent to me any time the cards are used. I've helped other people when their cards are stolen so I know the process. Had to have the police come out but I know the officer and she's really nice.

It's irritating but it's not the end of the world and I'm just happy that it was my credit cards and not anything that had actual value
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2019, 12:01:48 PM

I didn't know you'd departed FaceBook. So I had  major panic and contacted your mum!  >:(  ;D

My mom wants you to know that she's having a laugh that all of her friends are commenting about sending prayers on the post you made to her.  :snicker: :snicker:

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Buddy on July 10, 2019, 01:10:16 PM
Yeah it sucks a lot but it could be worse. Thankfully I caught it right away because I have alerts sent to me any time the cards are used. I've helped other people when their cards are stolen so I know the process. Had to have the police come out but I know the officer and she's really nice.

It's irritating but it's not the end of the world and I'm just happy that it was my credit cards and not anything that had actual value

Some people can be real shits. I hope they get caught and prosecuted. It's good you caught it early.

Buddy

Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 10, 2019, 01:40:00 PM
Quote from: Buddy on July 10, 2019, 01:10:16 PM

Some people can be real shits. I hope they get caught and prosecuted. It's good you caught it early.

We have a description of the suspect and he is apparently a regular at the places that he used my cards at. That's good because he'll most likely be caught. I'm lucky that the officer I've been working at is also a customer at the bank so I've given my manager permission to handle a lot of my bank account info with the police so I can relax and focus on getting out of this asmo forsaken hospital

Dark Lightning

Stupid enough to use stolen cards where people know him!? What, you have like 100 people living in your town!? :lol: Does this nose miner work at the hospital, to boot?

Buddy

Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 10, 2019, 09:37:49 PM
Stupid enough to use stolen cards where people know him!? What, you have like 100 people living in your town!? :lol: Does this nose miner work at the hospital, to boot?

Lol thankfully I do live in a pretty small town but there is a meth problem so theft isn't super rare. All the people that the officer talked to said that the guy looked like he was on drugs so he probably wasn't thinking too hard.

Dark Lightning

Meth. That stuff is the worst. I had foot surgery 6 weeks ago and the doctor and one of my friends were all over me to take as little of it as possible. This surgery hurt a lot less than the more "minor" surgery (1 toe Vs 3 this time) 15 years ago. I took Vicodin for a couple of weeks for that one, and hated it. This one I took Norco for three days and that was it. The first day I took nothing because I was so ripped on whatever they gave me for surgery. So now I have enough for when the right foot gets done, probably in November. Anyway, the friend knows people who took that kind of pain medication and turned to meth for whatever reason after they ran out of the ability to get more. Their lives went to shit in a couple of years, including death. Just look up "The Faces of Meth", if you have a strong stomach. I'll stick to beer, TYVM.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on July 10, 2019, 01:15:01 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 09, 2019, 12:01:48 PM

I didn't know you'd departed FaceBook. So I had  major panic and contacted your mum!  >:(  ;D

My mom wants you to know that she's having a laugh that all of her friends are commenting about sending prayers on the post you made to her.  :snicker: :snicker:

Smiles through gritted teeth :D

xSilverPhinx

Wow, sorry to hear you had appendix trouble, Buddy. That's one of the worst abdominal pains in the world, for sure (I also had mine removed). Glad to hear you're back home.

WTF?!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

QuoteQuad bikes are considered vital transport in farms around Australia, but they can also be deadly.

There is pressure on governments around the nation to regulate the bikes and safety experts say rollover bars need to be made mandatory

But putting that key safety measure in place is under threat from an unexpected source; the United States.

The US says making rollover bars compulsory could be a trade barrier and it's referred the matter to the World Trade Organisation

That's ridiculous, do these news people do this just to light a fire under the apathetic masses?  There's a million laws applying to road vehicles, tractors have to have roll over protection.  Quad bikes are killing and maiming people all over the place, as bad as horses they are.
Probably should put rollover protection on horses too.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dark Lightning