News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Things you find on Facebook

Started by Tank, November 19, 2017, 09:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

To all my not likely to be Jewish friends, tomorrow is the beginning of Hanukah. Mozeltof ....Or however that greeting is spelled.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on January 14, 2018, 07:47:49 AM
Oh, desr, I have reached my freebie limit with the Eco! Not sure that I want to pat £1/week for the few times I read it.

Maybe the £1 would rather be caressed instead?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 14, 2018, 10:05:35 AM
Oh, desr, I have reached my freebie limit with the Eco! Not sure that I want to pat £1/week for the few times I read it.

I like caressing £s . . .

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on January 14, 2018, 11:15:26 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 14, 2018, 10:05:35 AM

I like caressing £s . . .

:lol:

Icarus

Dammit did those crafty Brits fix the posts so that only subscribers could read them?   I used to subscribe to the magazine, several years ago.  In this instance they recently hustled me to spend 12 dollars for 12 weeks of online news at the Economist.   I know that the sneaky bastards will try to extend the tickler subscription when it expires....most likely for a lot more than 12 dollars.  I must be vigilant.

Sorry if I referred you to something that was somehow unavailable without paying.   I am a bit naive about stuff like that, it would seem.

In any case it seems that the Chileans are losing their faith.  Catholics are regularly reverting to the protestant way and an alarming (to the clergy) number of them are becoming nones and/or outright atheists.  Chile is a relatively prosperous and stable nation. It is interesting to note that prosperity and education tends to upset religionists apple cart.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on January 14, 2018, 11:08:54 PM
Dammit did those crafty Brits fix the posts so that only subscribers could read them?   I used to subscribe to the magazine, several years ago.  In this instance they recently hustled me to spend 12 dollars for 12 weeks of online news at the Economist.   I know that the sneaky bastards will try to extend the tickler subscription when it expires....most likely for a lot more than 12 dollars.  I must be vigilant.

Sorry if I referred you to something that was somehow unavailable without paying.   I am a bit naive about stuff like that, it would seem.

In any case it seems that the Chileans are losing their faith.  Catholics are regularly reverting to the protestant way and an alarming (to the clergy) number of them are becoming nones and/or outright atheists.  Chile is a relatively prosperous and stable nation. It is interesting to note that prosperity and education tends to upset religionists apple cart.

I guessed that was the subject of the item. Be interesting to know the indigene/immigrant ratio there compared to other S American countries. Perhaps some of their old beliefs will make a comeback!

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Apparently I am the Antichrist!

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

That's so unfair! I also want to be an Antichrist. Is there a club I can join? :popcorn:

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 20, 2018, 10:55:23 AM
That's so unfair! I also want to be an Antichrist. Is there a club I can join? :popcorn:
Your already an administrator here. What more do you want? :D

Old Seer

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 08, 2017, 11:51:04 PM
I found a doozy.  I know this is Landover Baptist, but I can swear I've heard fundies actually make this argument:

Apparently people haven't been peeing either for a long time.
CRANKED SCIENCE as usual. 
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

Old Seer

Quote from: Dave on December 09, 2017, 07:50:17 AM
Icarus beat me to it, one can only assume that theists never piss, crap, flush the loo, wash themselves, their clothes, their cars or water their lawns or gardens! Etc.
Yup, me too. I didn't read the posts in advance.
The only thing possible the world needs saving from are the ones running it.
Oh lord, save us from those wanting to save us.
I'm not a Theist.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on March 20, 2018, 01:14:16 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 20, 2018, 10:55:23 AM
Your already an administrator here. What more do you want? :D

Peace.  :levitate:

But I guess you're right. I don't want to be an Antichrist anymore. And I'd bet antichrist meetings would be rather dull, I mean, what would they talk about? The end of the world is near...again? ::) 

Have fun Antichristing on Facebook! :lol: