News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Been So Long... Hello again!

Started by Rift Zone, February 02, 2018, 02:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Welcome back Rift Zone! Did I ever say that I really like your choice of username? I can't remember...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Rift Zone on February 03, 2018, 04:23:37 AM

I'm a theoretical physicist working on an advanced plasma cosmology model that challenges black hole/singularity/BBT, Relativity, and the Standard Model of QM.   In other words, I'm rather scientifically blasphemous.

That's really interesting. I have a challenge for you:  Can you explain your model to a layperson in a few sentences? :grin:

Dragonia

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 04, 2018, 03:22:52 PM
Quote from: Rift Zone on February 03, 2018, 04:23:37 AM

I'm a theoretical physicist working on an advanced plasma cosmology model that challenges black hole/singularity/BBT, Relativity, and the Standard Model of QM.   In other words, I'm rather scientifically blasphemous.

That's really interesting. I have a challenge for you:  Can you explain your model to a layperson in a few sentences? :grin:

Yes! I like that challenge! And I like blasphemy, so it sounds like a win-win!  ;D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Rift Zone

Nice...    I'm glad Tupac is not completely foreign to you Icarus.

Thanks xSilverPhinx!    Lol  no, not sure if you did before, but thanks for that too.  =)

Sorry Dragonia, xSilverPhinx,  I'm afraid I'm gonna fail that challenge.   Maybe if it only challenged Big Bang Theory, or just Relativity, or the Standard Model of quantum mechanic alone, then there might be a simple set of facets share.   But this theory challenges all three...   you can't read its implications through the context of modern theory, you have to build new context.   I can tell you this:

Theories are comprised of roughly 2 elements: observation, and human translation/interpretation of that data.  The theory that is more comprehensive and aligns with observation better is the more accurate theory.period.   ...and I'm working on that shit because it is both more comprehensive and it aligns with observation better.   So that's the good news!   The bad news is there's no short and sweet version of it...   we'll have dig deep if we want to go there at all.
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

Dragonia

It's ok, RZ, in all honesty, I probably wouldn't understand a word anyway.  I would try really hard, and say "Oh! Ah ha!" In a very enlightened tone, but I still would walk away scratching my head.
:eyebrow: :wtf: :headscratch:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Rift Zone

Pfft...   anyone who made their way here has more than enough sense to follow the whole thing.   The real problem is I'd bore all of you to death.   It probably sounds interesting and all but most have better things to do than consider the implications of arcane observations; whereas I have no life, and obsure bs makes me happy.   ;)
In the last few millennia we have made the most astonishing and unexpected discoveries about the Cosmos and our place within it, explorations that are exhilarating to consider. They remind us that humans have evolved to wonder, that understanding is a joy, that knowledge is prerequisite to survival.   -Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dragonia on February 04, 2018, 06:02:27 PM
It's ok, RZ, in all honesty, I probably wouldn't understand a word anyway.  I would try really hard, and say "Oh! Ah ha!" In a very enlightened tone, but I still would walk away scratching my head.
:eyebrow: :wtf: :headscratch:

Me too. :lol:

Icarus

RZ your scientific line of reasoning fits the mold of we outrageously brazen heathens who dare to resort to observable evidences.... On the other hand theists like to say: "The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".    :sidesmile:

Rift Zone

Lol   Shh Icarus, everyone is about ready to leave it alone!   

Dave

RZ, if that theory needs lots of hard sums to explain I am lost! If I can't explain things using English words, and objects like the balls from roll-on deoderamts (which I always save, so useful), a syringe with a needle, hot melt glue, a long plastic bottle with the ends cut off, a straightened paper clip, a pair of magnets and 1ft rule(r)s in wood, plastic and steel (etc) I'm definitely lost.

Oh, for really advanced stuff things little flat magnets, a guitar pickup coil and my little oscilloscope (with frequency readout) come in useful...
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bluenose

I'm intrigued, RZ.  Does your work have any bearing on the proton radius problem?
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Rift Zone

Dave:  Na, a lot of justice can be done for it in plain English.

Bluenose: Looks like you're channeling Feynman in your signature.   =)
No, I haven't found anything pertinent to shrinking protons in there. 

Bluenose

Quote from: Rift Zone on February 05, 2018, 10:12:46 AM
Bluenose: Looks like you're channeling Feynman in your signature.   =)
No, I haven't found anything pertinent to shrinking protons in there.

Possibly, although unconsciously.

Hmmm.  More interesting stuff then.  Tank will tell you that I have been of the opinion that we are on the cusp of a new revolution in physics, although just where that may come from I have no idea, it's just that all the anomalies suggest to me that we are missing something and we will find that current thinking is basically a special case of some more general theory.  Rather like Newtonian mechanics being a sort of special case (low mass, low velocity) of relativity.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Rift Zone

I think you're right about that revolution.   

Icarus

Some of our planets deviate slightly from the elliptical orbit that is calculated standard path.  There are a few astrophysicists who believe or at least suspect that there is another planet out there, somewhere within or more likely beyond the Kuyper belt.  That planet, if it is there, would account for the anomolies in the orbits.  The planet has no name so it is being called Planet Nine.  3.7 times more massive than Earth and has an orbit that is on average about twenty times as far from the sun as Neptune  Neptune has an orbit time of 165 years but planet Nine will need 15,000 years.

Bluenose is surely right that we may be on the cusp of discovering new things just like those old guys in the 16th,17th, 18th, 19th centuries.....Newton,  Brahe, Maxwell, Hooke, LeVerrier, Adams, Herschel, Hertz and all the rest.  The power of Newtons law of gravity to predict what we cannot see - to make a map of the invisible world- has continued to reap dividends.