News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Are we getting weirder?

Started by Randy, January 31, 2021, 01:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy

Are we getting weirder?

This points out that some of us, due to the pandemic cause for isolation, has brought out the real us. I put it here to ask if anyone does any weird things anyway.

As for me I've always been a little weird.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on January 31, 2021, 01:05:02 PM
I put it here to ask if anyone does any weird things anyway.

YES! I've begun walking a little like this:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

I think there is more opportunity to be weird nowadays and the visibility of weird behaviour is greater due to social media.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Quote from: Tank on February 03, 2021, 05:15:56 PM
I think there is more opportunity to be weird nowadays and the visibility of weird behaviour is greater due to social media.
That's a good point. I think people are more likely to be themselves these days.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Randy on February 03, 2021, 06:07:00 PM
That's a good point. I think people are more likely to be themselves these days.

I think you're right.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on February 03, 2021, 09:22:11 PM
Quote from: Randy on February 03, 2021, 06:07:00 PM

I think you're right.

The Village Idiot formerly was only known in the village.  Now he is known worldwide.  And because of the meme viruses that result, Village Idiots the world over have essentially started their own guild. They have united and are demanding that their idiocy be treated the same as other expressions.  Turns out there are more Village Idiots than anyone could have imagined.