News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Spirit Animals, Get Your Spirit Animals Here

Started by Recusant, January 25, 2018, 05:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

A quick and shallow quiz purports to tell you what your 'spirit animal' is. Yeah, I know that it's traditionally a tough process; a physical and 'spiritual' quest that tests the endurance and resolve of the aspirant, but we moderns like the convenience and ease of technological assistance. Who's to say that a brief internet quiz cannot produce authentic results? Oh, old-timey shamans and 'witch doctors'? What the hell do they know, anyway? My hummingbird says they're just trying to protect their monopoly. Roll up, roll up, getcher spirit animals here!

"What's My Spirit Animal Quiz"
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Oh, dear, I'm a deer.

That's OK, maybe a muntjack deer, they are small (like me) but with impressive teeth.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

No one

Tank

"What It Means To Be The Bear

In the kingdom of spirit animals, the bear is emblematic of grounding forces and strength. This animal has been worshiped throughout time as a powerful totem, inspiring those who need it the courage to stand up against adversity. As a spirit animal in touch with the earth and the cycles of nature, it is a powerful guide to support physical and emotional healing."

That's me :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

I am the ssssssnake.

The snake animal meaning is powerfully connected to life force and primal energy. In many cultures, it is revered as a powerful totem representing the source of life. When the snake spirit animal appears in your life, it likely means that healing opportunities, change, important transitions, and increased energy are manifesting.
What is the meaning of the snake spirit animal?

When the snake shows up as your spirit animal, it generally means:

Snake spirit animals represent healing
    Transformation, life changes
    The spirit of the snake is connected to life force, primal energy
    A meaning for the snake spirit animal is spiritual guidance

The snake as a spirit animal can be to provide guidance about life changes and transitions, whether they are happening at the physical, emotional or spiritual level.

Snake spirit animals, symbols for healing

The snake is close to earth energies and represents life force. Since it's a reptile, the snake spirit animal is reminiscent of unconscious drives and primal instincts. When the snake spirit animal shows up, pay attention to how you use your energy, and where you draw it from.

If you see the snake as your spirit or power animal, be sensitive to your healing abilities towards yourself or others. Cultivate sources of energy and support, especially as they relate to the earth and nature.

In ancient traditions as well as modern times, snakes are symbols of healing powers and opportunities. In the Greek mythology, Aesclepius, the god of medicine, is featured with two snakes climbing up a rod, the symbol of what is known today as the Caduceus.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Sandra Craft

I got turtle.  I was hoping for porpoise, but this is close enough.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

"The owl spirit animal is emblematic of a deep connection with wisdom and intuitive knowledge. If you have the owl as totem or power animal, you're likely to have the ability to see what's usually hidden to most. When the spirit of this animal guides you, you can see the true reality, beyond illusion and deceit. The owl also offers for those who have it a personal totem the inspiration and guidance necessary to deeply explore the unknown and the magic of life."

One of my favourite animals as well!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

I'm a turtle.  :suspicious:

QuoteThe turtle and ancient wisdom of the Earth
The American continent is referred to as "Turtle Island" in the Native American folklore. It is said that the Turtle carried the weight of the land of that continent on her back. This image is also present in Hindu and Chinese cultures, where the turtle is the animal carrying Mother Earth  and holding the world in balance.

Having the turtle as totem means that you have an affinity with the ancient wisdom of the earth. You are naturally tuned into the elements, land, plants, people and animals. You carry your home on your back figuratively speaking and feel at ease wherever you are.

:levitate:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Icarus

I'm a turtle?   That is what the quiz claims.  That revelation is OK because, as the famously quoted lady has said; "It's turtles all the way down".

From another point of view, that site is characterized by nut case ideas....Taro cards, numerology and such.  It is a fun quiz in any case.    A turtle is it?

Dave

I firgot to put the attributes of the deer in my oost, so I decuded ti try it again.

I am a bear this time . . .

QuoteWhat It Means To Be The Bear
In the kingdom of spirit animals, the bear is emblematic of grounding forces and strength. This animal has been worshiped throughout time as a powerful totem, inspiring those who need it the courage to stand up against adversity. As a spirit animal in touch with the earth and the cycles of nature, it is a powerful guide to support physical and emotional healing. >>

Anyone wanna hug?

Should have nade a note of my exact answers to repeat those and see if it picked the same beastie!

xSilverPhinx

I got:

What It Means To Be The Wolf

The power of the wolf brings forth instinct, intelligence, appetite for freedom, and awareness of the importance of social connections. When the wolf shows up in your life, pay attention to what your intuition is telling you.

This is interesting because I consider myself to be an intuitive person. Most of the time. Yeah.  ::)

The page offers an astute quote by William Ralph Inge:

QuoteIt is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favor of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion.

:lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

I got the owl even though my favorite natural element is tungsten...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz