News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Hello HAF, I'm new, and question about the map

Started by BonaireBound, April 11, 2012, 05:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonaireBound

Hello everyone! So glad to find you. I added myself to the map (hoping to find other intelligent, reasonable people nearby) but noticed that some of the pins don't match their descriptions. For example there are pins in South America that say Mobile, AL or other places. Is the map accurate?

Buddy

Ack! It just clicked in my head what you were saying. I don't know, probably a problem with the map.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: BonaireBound on April 11, 2012, 05:52:08 PM
Hello everyone! So glad to find you. I added myself to the map (hoping to find other intelligent, reasonable people nearby) but noticed that some of the pins don't match their descriptions. For example there are pins in South America that say Mobile, AL or other places. Is the map accurate?
I must admit I've never managed to get the map to work. But I think Whitney can!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Me either!  Some of the pins are in the middle of the ocean, which leads me to fantasize about a secret atheist tropical island.  Mmmmmmmm....Godless Maitais. 

Tank

Quote from: Ali on April 11, 2012, 08:26:57 PM
Me either!  Some of the pins are in the middle of the ocean, which leads me to fantasize about a secret atheist tropical island.  Mmmmmmmm....Godless Maitais. 
Be silent young lady! One must not mention Tracy Island!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Hello and welcome to the forum.  Don't know about the map haven't tried it yet.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Whitney

I think the map is jacked up from when I ported it into google maps from another map pin service that was shutting down.

DeterminedJuliet

I could never get it to work either. I'm kind of glad I'm not alone!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.