News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Coming from the same area as Bruno, the weather isn't all fun in winter wonderland. Summer here sucks because of the humidity and spring and autumn are basically nonexistent and replaced with strange seasons with nothing but mud. Plus with all the freezing and thawing going on the roads here are littered with huge potholes.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Harmonie

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 05, 2016, 06:12:09 AM
Coming from the same area as Bruno, the weather isn't all fun in winter wonderland. Summer here sucks because of the humidity and spring and autumn are basically nonexistent and replaced with strange seasons with nothing but mud. Plus with all the freezing and thawing going on the roads here are littered with huge potholes.

You can't stop me from wanting to go to Michigan. =P My mind is pretty much set, actually. Although this would be at least a year away.  :(

I know it's not all fun... But it is far from that where I live. Our summers are a long block of heat and humidity that starts in April and ends somewhere in October. I'm sick and tired of it. I want to live somewhere where Winters are cold, and autumn and Spring are more on the cool side than the hot side, so I might actually enjoy them for once.

I'll take mud over tornadoes and heat any day.

We didn't even get a winter this year. Nothing that could have resembled a winter happened, aside from the trees and plants losing their leaves, and the days being shorter. And we're headed straight to heat. I needed my break from summer. I did not get it. I am agitated.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Bad Penny

You should probably adopt a more suitable name, I don't think Chill is taken.

Harmonie

Quote from: Bad Penny on March 05, 2016, 02:10:08 PM

Right, I certainly am not positive enough to warrant this username. =( I wanted to fight it, but it's just not in my nature. lol

I've wanted to change it to 'Harmonie', because that's a term in music history for a wind ensemble (in the past, at least, I don't know if it's still used, I don't live in Europe), and I love brass and woodwind instruments!

However, this forum does not allow for me to go in and change my username, and I saw no topic to request it or any guidelines.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Firebird

The mods can change your username if you ask.  And send them brownies. 1 out of 2 might work
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Quote from: Harmonie on March 05, 2016, 02:22:23 PM

Right, I certainly am not positive enough to warrant this username. =( I wanted to fight it, but it's just not in my nature. lol

I've wanted to change it to 'Harmonie', because that's a term in music history for a wind ensemble (in the past, at least, I don't know if it's still used, I don't live in Europe), and I love brass and woodwind instruments!

However, this forum does not allow for me to go in and change my username, and I saw no topic to request it or any guidelines.

Harmonie it is. You still log in a Radient.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Firebird on March 05, 2016, 02:28:55 PM
The mods can change your username if you ask.  And send them brownies. 1 out of 2 might work
All you need to do is send a mod a PM.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Crow

Now I remember why I moved working out to a Monday and Thursday evening rather than at the weekend.
Retired member.

Harmonie

Quote from: Tank on March 05, 2016, 04:11:12 PM

Oh, awesome! Thank you very much!   :D

Tank

Quote from: Harmonie on March 05, 2016, 07:30:05 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 05, 2016, 04:11:12 PM

Oh, awesome! Thank you very much!   :D

You're welcome :)

Pasta Chick

Ha! That's cool. I've wanted to change my name before but I'm too lazy.

...it's been really nice here, but it's either really damp or my hormones are still off because I am freezing! And it's 35F and sunny!

xSilverPhinx

Argh, I woke up at 6:15 on a Sunday morning, and full of energy too!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 06, 2016, 09:52:28 AM

Waking up with energy is a good thing. Jump out of bed have a light warm up, make a good breakfast and a pot of coffee, go for a walk and it will only be 9 by the time you get back. If you want to fall back to sleep do strenuous exercise to failure, eat something afterwards and you will want to go to sleep again.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on March 06, 2016, 11:37:30 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 06, 2016, 09:52:28 AM

Waking up with energy is a good thing. Jump out of bed have a light warm up, make a good breakfast and a pot of coffee, go for a walk and it will only be 9 by the time you get back. If you want to fall back to sleep do strenuous exercise to failure, eat something afterwards and you will want to go to sleep again.

Yep, that's what I did. I walked more or less 33% more than I usually do, and will probably take a nap this afternoon, though for now I definitely don't feel sleepy.  :badger:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Crow

I'm getting pretty sick of people stating I have lost weight yet I have gained a stone in the last 5 months.
Retired member.