News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tom62

^ You must have angered Hanuman, the hindu monkey god!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Buddy

I just drove 45 minutes to my university only to find out that my classes don't start until next week.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 05, 2016, 05:54:17 PM
I just drove 45 minutes to my university only to find out that my classes don't start until next week.
:rofl:

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 05, 2016, 05:54:17 PM

More like a reason to be cheerful! :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Guardian85

Having trouble sleeping. Recurring thing these last few days.

Thought a drink might help.  :-\
It didn't.....

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 06, 2016, 02:49:10 AM
Having trouble sleeping. Recurring thing these last few days.

Thought a drink might help.  :-\
It didn't.....

In my experience it never does unfortunately.

Asmodean

In my experience, knockout pills don't really help much either.

A drink? On a Wednesday "morning"?  :o
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on January 06, 2016, 08:16:08 AM
In my experience, knockout pills don't really help much either.

A drink? On a Wednesday "morning"?  :o
Seemed like a good idea at the time.

-Unknown Smartass-

Asmodean

Oh! I forgot that you has the ability to do such things for the time being... Or... Have you been successful in acquiring a new gig to call job, by chance?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on January 06, 2016, 02:36:27 PM
Oh! I forgot that you has the ability to do such things for the time being... Or... Have you been successful in acquiring a new gig to call job, by chance?
No new gig as of yet, no. A few applications spread around, though.

-Unknown Smartass-

Essie Mae

Our old TV broke down so we've bought a new one having  been advised that we just had to have a Super duper  HD 4K I think it is and I am so disappointed with it. The picture is uncomfortably vivid and you have to keep changing the colour when you want to watch football, and again when you watch a programme with more indoor scenes.  Why do we have to have all these gimmicks when they could give us somethig really useful like being able to turn the background music down or off? I'm hoping we can take it back and get just an ordinary HD set.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

jumbojak

Claire is very, very sick. I was waiting for her to improve so she could let you all know herself, but that doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon. From what I can tell it's menengitis and the doctors are having difficulty in getting the swelling to go down. She has had a lumbar puncture and is now on an IV of fluids and caffeine to help regulate her blood pressure and hopefully reduce the swelling. I'm really worried.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Firebird

Yikes. Best wishes for things to improve soon. Must be especially scary and confusing for scamp.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Icarus

Yikes from me too. This is a real bummer.  Get well soon Claire.