News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Today was a national holiday Brazil, so we were basically granted an extended weekend, which is great. One good thing about religions here (in this case, Catholicism) is that it's the reason for a plenty of official holidays...in that aspect I see nothing to complain about. ;D

What isn't so great is that I spent it almost entirely studying cramming and silently questioning the purpose of having to memorize a bunch of stuff I just know I'm going to forget in a couple of weeks. Add that to the constant downpour we've been having and it makes for a soggy weekend, cooped up indoors.   [/venting mode]

The week proper starts in a few hours and my weekend is flashing before my eyes. I've got the Sunday night blues...on Monday :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

The Asmo does not require a reason to be grumpy. He is grumpiness.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Stupid people and their stupid germs, making me sick.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

MariaEvri

ive had a new job for about 3 months now and I could
never
balance
the money in the cashier.
It's always less or more than it should be and I don't want to get in trouble. I have no idea what I;m doing wrong!
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

Quote from: MariaEvri on October 15, 2015, 06:28:42 PM
ive had a new job for about 3 months now and I could
never
balance
the money in the cashier.
It's always less or more than it should be and I don't want to get in trouble. I have no idea what I;m doing wrong!
How far are you out?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Velma

Long, long, long, day at work. Worked nearly nonstop, but got next to nothing done. Spent half the shift looking for a dozen orders that had incorrect paperwork. I am exhausted.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

OldGit

Maria, be careful!  Is anyone else also using the same till?

Biggus Dickus

Spending a long weekend in northern Michigan visiting my daughter and son-in-law, both my sisters and their families are with us and we are staying together in house my daughter usually rents out on Airbn.

I'm having a great time so far, woke up early and took a shower, made a huge pot of coffee, and then woke the rest of the house guests up by jamming the song "Low Rider" by War. (Brought my wifi speakers with me)

They all appear to be a bit grumpy as they stumble out of their bedrooms....

It's good to be the little brother!
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tom62

Had a stressful week behind me. I'm working on three different projects at the time; had to provide operations- and QA- support and went to one f#%king meeting to another. Temperatures dropped dramatically, so I had make an appointment to change my summer tires. Getting an appointment at my local garage was very hard, because they were fully booked till the end of this month. Luckily another garage managed to squeeze me in for Thursday, next week.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Guardian85

So apparently the incompetence of management at the office truly knows no bounds. After the decision was made to let me go apparently the manager got sick and didn't file the paperwork until this week. So it took nearly a month to process my dismissal and I have to stay in this mess for another month until the contract runs out.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-