News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

greetings, y'all. Fundie here flyin' at ya

Started by fundie, August 19, 2006, 05:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Quote from: "iplaw"Here's my claim...eat me.

Read my intro thread if you are that interested in what I think.

You're even posting lyrics to songs in the shoutbox like onlyme.  Hey Squid, can you check this guys IP addy and see if it's who we think it is?

I would if I could.  LA has access to IPs though.  But they could be different IPs and be the same person, like was said above, with a proxy or even just posting from a friend's house or something like that.

There are ways to track back to a poster's computer even going through a proxy or two but I don't have that kind of knowledge...however, I know some people who do...hmmm...

Whitney

Different IPs.....but fundie is from the uk.

Big Mac

Oh he quotes people just like onlyme. Call me cynical but even his explanation of reading the post for a few weeks sounds quite interesting in that he doesn't know who onlyme is but has been reading the posts here for the past few weeks. Onlyme left only about a week ago. Then again, onlyme was never banned so this kind of falls under a grey area, though Laet can color it back up in her own decision.

Welcome back onlyme.
Quote from: "PoopShoot"And what if pigs shit candy?

fundie

Quote from: "laetusatheos"Different IPs.....but fundie is from the uk.

laetusatheos, what does this picture represent?

McQ

laetus, you could just ban him. After all, if he had just come back in as himself and said he'd give it another shot and try to behave according to forum rules, that would be one thing. But this lame attempt at deception ought to be enough to ban him outright.

Notice how he still hasn't properly introduced himself? You think a true newbie would read all of the intros we've posted and take a cue from that, as all newbies do. Funny how he doesn't answer questions, just like onlyme never would, once he got going.

Just throw him out, since he's not even going to bother to be anything but disingenuous. I would have been willing to give him a second chance, if he had been straightforward. Not now though.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Big Mac

Amen to that, brotha!

silviakjell

But McQ what if he isn't onlyme? don't take me wrong, I'm pretty sure you actually are onlyme, onlyme. but just in case?
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.

Big Mac

Well he is just as bad as onlyme already. Rather insultive and such. I think he'll be banned sooner or later anyway.

silviakjell

Tru, tru.
I might be wrong, but Im pretty sure Im right.

McQ

Quote from: "silviakjell"But McQ what if he isn't onlyme? don't take me wrong, I'm pretty sure you actually are onlyme, onlyme. but just in case?

Well, the person has not come right out and said he is not onlyme, and also wanted to know who onlyme was. As was pointed out before, how could you NOT know who onlyme was if you had been lurking for weeks in here? He was the highest posting member, by far! LOL!

It's laughable that the person lurking wouldn't be intimately familiar with onlyme.

That's why I believe it's him, plus the other reasons that have been put forth.
--Penn Jillette

MommaSquid

I don't know that banning is the way to go.  After all, he could just use someone else's computer (again) to get a new IP.  But we don’t have to acknowledge his presence.

I agree with McQ:  I would have given him a second chance, too.  But he’s pretending (badly) to be something he’s not.  The evidence convinces me that he hasn't changed.

I plan to ignore fundie/onlyme.  If you guys want to talk to him, that's fine, but I’m just going to work around him.  

We’ve already wasted too much time and energy on this guy.

McQ

Quote from: "MommaSquid"I don't know that banning is the way to go.  After all, he could just use someone else's computer (again) to get a new IP.  But we don’t have to acknowledge his presence.

I agree with McQ:  I would have given him a second chance, too.  But he’s pretending (badly) to be something he’s not.  The evidence convinces me that he hasn't changed.

I plan to ignore fundie/onlyme.  If you guys want to talk to him, that's fine, but I’m just going to work around him.  

We’ve already wasted too much time and energy on this guy.

You know what? That's really the way to go. You're right. I agree.
--Penn Jillette

Whitney

Quote from: "fundie"laetusatheos, what does this picture represent?

It means you are on notice (google Colbert Report and on notice) as very possibly being onlyme.  I suggest that if you are onlyme, which I am about 95% sure of...that you fess up and quit being a liar.  WWJD?

Big Mac

Call me unethical in the detective department but I'm willing to stake my dwindling sanity that he is 100% onlyme.

Erinos

It's also rather suspicous that his introduction post says "Have we met before?"
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.

MySpace