News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

How is the forum behaving?

Started by Tank, November 17, 2011, 07:39:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

Lots of 500 errors (couldn't reply to this thread last night because of them and at times I can't even get on the forum), slow, and the page doesn't always fully load.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

Yep, same here. Lots of errors loading/posting  :-[
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Well I have stuck my head up and it got painted red. Whitney has kindly made me an administrator so I will be doing my best to sort this out; don't hold your breath!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

I have just cleared a few thousand redundent ban triggers and deleted 25,000+ unused and inactive spammer accounts and things seem to have improved. Is this also the case for you?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

It does seem to have helped, at least for now. Good job!

Asmodean

Had a timeout while posting my last comment. Things aren't bad though... It works.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on November 18, 2011, 09:16:34 PM
Had a timeout while posting my last comment. Things aren't bad though... It works.
Keep the information coming!

Tank

We now have only 2,818 members and those with no posts are probably 'clean'  ;D

Whitney

Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 11:28:06 PM

If that was the fix to the timeouts I'm going to feel like an idiot lol.

Tank

Quote from: Whitney on November 18, 2011, 11:38:43 PM
Quote from: Tank on November 18, 2011, 11:28:06 PM

If that was the fix to the timeouts I'm going to feel like an idiot lol.
I think it wa a combination of un-indexed bans and masses of members.

Whitney

It does seem to be running correctly now...great job  :-*

Tank

Quote from: Whitney on November 19, 2011, 12:04:45 AM
It does seem to be running correctly now...great job  :-*
Thanks, It definitly seems better, still got a few hundred banned accounts to delete by hand then it should be squeeky clean.

DeterminedJuliet

Yeah! Good job, it's seemed a lot better!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.