News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Obama's Social Security Number Challenged

Started by AnimatedDirt, July 05, 2012, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimatedDirt

QuoteDaniels started her investigation in August 2009. Given her profession, she has been able to access a variety of proprietary databases. What she learned without much trouble is that Obama has been using a Social Security Number with the prefix "042″ since 1986.

QuoteThe ample evidence Daniels gathered led her to believe that the 042 number Obama has been using "had previously been issued to another person," one who lived in Connecticut between 1977 and 1979 and who was born in 1890.

This assertion can be verified. By law, the Social Security Administration will have kept on microfilm a copy of the original SS-5 application attached to a particular Social Security Number. Daniels, however, does not have access to that microfilm.

It's all very interesting and I fall on the side that believes obummer to be a fraud and a cheat...but the media loves him and I'm sure nothing will be done.

Ali

So if the SSA comes back and says "Nope, it's Obama's SSN" would you believe it? 

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Ali on July 05, 2012, 09:58:33 PM
So if the SSA comes back and says "Nope, it's Obama's SSN" would you believe it?

Given his position today, anything can be "made true".  It's a gut feeling.  I'm willing to ride out his time though.

Velma

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 05, 2012, 09:40:52 PM

QuoteDaniels started her investigation in August 2009. Given her profession, she has been able to access a variety of proprietary databases. What she learned without much trouble is that Obama has been using a Social Security Number with the prefix "042″ since 1986.

QuoteThe ample evidence Daniels gathered led her to believe that the 042 number Obama has been using "had previously been issued to another person," one who lived in Connecticut between 1977 and 1979 and who was born in 1890.

This assertion can be verified. By law, the Social Security Administration will have kept on microfilm a copy of the original SS-5 application attached to a particular Social Security Number. Daniels, however, does not have access to that microfilm.

It's all very interesting and I fall on the side that believes obummer to be a fraud and a cheat...but the media loves him and I'm sure nothing will be done.
The first three digits of a Social Security number indicate the state that issued it, as far as I know.  President Obama and I are about the same age.  At that time you did not get an SSN assigned to you at birth, you got it later on - I got mine when I was in high school, right before I got my driver's license.  
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Ali

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 05, 2012, 10:05:01 PM

Given his position today, anything can be "made true".  It's a gut feeling.  I'm willing to ride out his time though.

This is the part about birthers that makes me laugh a little (no offense.)  It's like....you want to see "the proof" while fully admitting that no amount of proof would make you believe that he's a US citizen anyway because it could all be planted info given his position. 

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on July 05, 2012, 10:28:58 PM
Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 05, 2012, 10:05:01 PM

This is the part about birthers that makes me laugh a little (no offense.)  It's like....you want to see "the proof" while fully admitting that no amount of proof would make you believe that he's a US citizen anyway because it could all be planted info given his position. 

Yeah, that was kinda my first thought too. I dunno, if you don't like a guy, you don't like a guy. And you don't have to. I can't stand Canada's current Prime Minister, but I feel no desire to go digging around his past or invest too much in half-baked conspiracy theories about him.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

fester30

Political opponents will grasp at anything.  Some just get more attention than others.  Martin Van Buren and Chester A. Arthur had their citizenship questioned.  Several presidential candidates also had their citizenship questioned.  Of note were Barry Goldwater in 1964 and John McCain twice.  McCain was born in Panama, but he is considered naturally born because his father was stationed there with the Navy.  That didn't stop fringe elements supporting his opponents from raising the issue repeatedly.

Velma

I did not realize you were a birther, AD.  Like Ali, I have to admit I find it rather funny that birthers keep demanding proof while saying that no amount of proof would make them accept the fact that the President is a US citizen.  My brain no longer allows that amount of cognitive dissonance.  
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Velma on July 05, 2012, 10:11:04 PM
The first three digits of a Social Security number indicate the state that issued it, as far as I know.  President Obama and I are about the same age.  At that time you did not get an SSN assigned to you at birth, you got it later on - I got mine when I was in high school, right before I got my driver's license.

That's exactly what the article says, but that the 041 SSN had previously been issued ( believed to be ) to someone that had been born in 1890.

Quote from: Ali on July 05, 2012, 10:28:58 PM

He's president.  I can't do anything about that ( boy I wish I could ).  I have my gut feeling and it agrees with these findings.  However it doesn't seem anything will come about before he becomes history like Clinton or Bush.  I'll save my "I told you so." or my "I was wrong." for the appropriate time.  

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Velma on July 05, 2012, 10:44:53 PM
I did not realize you were a birther, AD.  Like Ali, I have to admit I find it rather funny that birthers keep demanding proof while saying that no amount of proof would make them accept the fact that the President is a US citizen.  My brain no longer allows that amount of cognitive dissonance.

I'm not demanding proof.  He's already president.  It will just be a happy day when he's found to have duped "you" all.  Or I'll just say I was wrong.  :)

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: AnimatedDirt on July 05, 2012, 10:48:19 PM
I'm not demanding proof.  He's already president.  It will just be a happy day when he's found to have duped "you" all.  Or I'll just say I was wrong.  :)

This is interesting. Why do you think Obama would want to "dupe 'you' all"?
Retired member.

Whitney

Quote from: Velma on July 05, 2012, 10:11:04 PM
 At that time you did not get an SSN assigned to you at birth, you got it later on - I got mine when I was in high school, right before I got my driver's license.  

I'm younger than obama (by ~20 years) and I know my ssn wasn't issued at birth because my mom got mine and my sister's issued at the same time and my sister is two years younger.

Anyway, I think that with all the conservatives trying to prove Obama isn't a citizen that something tangible would have surfaced by now if there was any real truth to the claim.  Plus, his mom was a us citizen so that defaults to her child, even if he had been born while she was out of country, from what I understand.

Recusant

It looks like this issue isn't really new. Essentially the same thing was being bruited about more than a year ago; Snopes.com has a piece about it.

As for President Obama being a fraud, I'm of the opinion that (like any other politician who's arrived at such a high office) he definitely is. But it's not in ridiculous and easily debunked matters such as his citizenship (he clearly is a "natural born" citizen of the United States) that he has defrauded the country. In my opinion, it's in matters of policy that he has proven untrustworthy: He campaigned on a platform of reversing dreadful and (in my opinion) unconstitutional policies instituted by the George W. Bush administration; power grabs by the executive branch and destruction of checks on government intrusion into the lives of its citizens, broad reading of the "Authorization for Use of Military Force," and so on. His administration has, instead of reversing such policies, defended them and built on them. The only reason I could be considered a supporter of President Obama is because I think that his opponent is a blatant stooge of the megacorporations (among other things) who would be even worse.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Recusant on July 06, 2012, 12:50:52 AM
In my opinion, it's in matters of policy that he has proven untrustworthy: He campaigned on a platform of reversing dreadful and (in my opinion) unconstitutional policies instituted by the George W. Bush administration; power grabs by the executive branch and destruction of checks on government intrusion into the lives of its citizens, broad reading of the "Authorization for Use of Military Force," and so on. His administration has, rather than reversing such policies, defended them and built on them. The only reason I could be considered a supporter of President Obama is because I think that his opponent is a blatant stooge of the megacorporations (among other things) who would be even worse.

Yeah, this.  Obama is far less of a liberal than I'd hoped for, but on the other hand he's still not a Republican which these days is a huge point in his favor. 

I've voted for Republicans before, and I hope some day I'll be able to do it again, but right now being bat-shit crazy seems a requirement for a Repub running for office and I'm sorry, but no way.  They actually make me happy to put up with a disappointing Democrat.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany