News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Photography, photos you took, photos you are in, photos you like, the lot!

Started by Tank, June 07, 2011, 07:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

I really like those geese Hermes. Very pretty birds so long as there's a fence between them and me...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: jumbojak on July 23, 2018, 02:41:29 AM
I really like those geese Hermes. Very pretty birds so long as there's a fence between them and me...

Thanks, I was using a Nikon 24-85mm f/3.5 zoom lens, which is surprisingly sharp, considering its very low price. I am quite happy with the resolution of the feather details. One nice thing about it is that it is a VR lens, so there is no blur, even at slow shutter speeds and without a tripod.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

I really like this one. It's not perfect but that's one wickedly vicious looking bird.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

JJ have you done anything to that image, or is it straight out of the camera?

jumbojak

Tank

jumbojak

Tank

jumbojak

Um, I don't know where to find that info and I'm afraid I can't count that high. Is that a "property" of the phito?

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on July 28, 2018, 04:47:20 AM
Um, I don't know where to find that info and I'm afraid I can't count that high. Is that a "property" of the phito?
Yes it is a property. It's the 'size' of the image and you should be shooting at the maximum size.

I've downloaded the image and it's 2048 x 1361. It should be 6,000 x 4,000. if you've got a 24Mp sensor. Sorry to ask again but what make and model of camera is this?

Dave

Quote from: Tank on July 28, 2018, 07:06:16 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on July 28, 2018, 04:47:20 AM
Yes it is a property. It's the 'size' of the image and you should be shooting at the maximum size.

I've downloaded the image and it's 2048 x 1361. It should be 6,000 x 4,000. if you've got a 24Mp sensor. Sorry to ask again but what make and model of camera is this?

If you have a manual. JJ, it will be in the specifications there, or look at the spec on line. Ah, you need the image quality and size from the camera settings as well.

Tank. I find  that transfering the image to a tablet then to, say, Imgur reduces the pixel size. But I deliberately reduced one image size in an editor before uploading it - but its size on the forum was the same as unreduced ones from the same set.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

Quote from: jumbojak on July 27, 2018, 04:31:18 AM

I really like this one. It's not perfect but that's one wickedly vicious looking bird.

I like it too.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.