News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Variations on a HAF Emblem

Started by hermes2015, May 03, 2018, 06:19:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 03, 2018, 02:39:39 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 03, 2018, 02:27:16 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on May 03, 2018, 02:18:09 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 03, 2018, 02:10:01 PM
Would the fishy earring look better dangling on some links?

Yes, that would be a possibility. That's the beauty of using a program like Cinema 4D to design things. It is so easy to try out ideas and then render them photo-realistically. Like this bit of surreal craziness:

The shadows are a bit free range.

Yes, the reason is that I was using a single light source, not global illumination, to save render time. I usually do that when I am trying out different things and want a fast result. Render times with global illumination are much longer. I will do one to show the difference.

One can obviously spend a long time tweaking the render, but this is just to show what a difference global illumination can make. Here I'm using the natural light coming in through a window. The shadows are much softer and more natural. The down side is that the rendering time was almost 10 minutes, while the earlier one took about 11 seconds.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on May 03, 2018, 02:46:15 PM
Quote from: Arturo on May 03, 2018, 02:33:57 PM
Is it just me or did anyone else notice that there are floating parts of the logo that wouldn't be practical in real life?

Er, Artuto, "surreal" sort of means "bizarre" - it needs no connection to reality, that is the very essence of that school of art. Look up Salvador Dali!

Technically the ear rings can be done if they are held together by a clear pane. Maybe the same with the pendant. The needle would have to be part of the eye to be uh...unnoticed. But this pen holding thing? Why not just use a coffee mug? BAH
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bad Penny II

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 03, 2018, 03:47:55 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on May 03, 2018, 02:39:39 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 03, 2018, 02:27:16 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on May 03, 2018, 02:18:09 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 03, 2018, 02:10:01 PM
Would the fishy earring look better dangling on some links?

Yes, that would be a possibility. That's the beauty of using a program like Cinema 4D to design things. It is so easy to try out ideas and then render them photo-realistically. Like this bit of surreal craziness:

The shadows are a bit free range.

Yes, the reason is that I was using a single light source, not global illumination, to save render time. I usually do that when I am trying out different things and want a fast result. Render times with global illumination are much longer. I will do one to show the difference.

One can obviously spend a long time tweaking the render, but this is just to show what a difference global illumination can make. Here I'm using the natural light coming in through a window. The shadows are much softer and more natural. The down side is that the rendering time was almost 10 minutes, while the earlier one took about 11 seconds.

I acquiesced to  the claim "the pen is mightier than the sword"
Who likes swords? I don't know any swords.
But that pen's attempt to dominate the fork...
It's wrong, you have to call out this shit when you see it.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on May 03, 2018, 04:26:38 PM
Wow! Loving your work.

Thank you, Tank, that's very kind. I'm just playing, trying to keep my mind off things.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Would you do a selection of .png's on transparent backgrounds please?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on May 04, 2018, 08:33:25 AM

Do you need them of the HAF emblem?
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on May 04, 2018, 11:14:02 AM

Do you need them of the HAF emblem?
Yes please.

hermes2015

Will it be OK like this one in black, but with the background transparent?

― Charles Eames

Tank

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on May 04, 2018, 11:51:43 AM
Perfect!

I've left it uncompressed to maintain the quality, so it's 17MB. Let me know if you want me to make it smaller.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14b5lLiPYTMX-fw2ptT_aOE-pnLguWoGe/view?usp=sharing

Hope it works for you.
― Charles Eames

Tank

Dave

That's interesting, it comes up as black on very dark grey on my Android tablet! Thought it wasn't there ar all for a moment.

Must play with it, - tomorrow, too late now.

Well, I did download it - then it changes to mid grey on almost black. Ooer.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

I just spotted the fish on the fork handle. A great subtle detail.  :thumbsup:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on May 04, 2018, 08:48:04 PM
That's interesting, it comes up as black on very dark grey on my Android tablet! Thought it wasn't there ar all for a moment.

Must play with it, - tomorrow, too late now.

Well, I did download it - then it changes to mid grey on almost black. Ooer.

That's because it is a PNG image, with black lines on a transparent background, as requested by my client Tank. It is intended to be pasted it over an existing image to see it properly. I will do one in red, so you should be able to see it.
― Charles Eames