News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

How to add an avatar (the little picture appears beside your posts)

Started by Tank, May 07, 2012, 06:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Every mow and again we have a themed avatar day/period. These instructions were produced while we had a Mr Men costume party!

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 07, 2012, 04:22:59 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 07, 2012, 04:04:03 AM
I'd like The One That's Always Hungry, but I don't know how to make it my avatar.  I request assistance. Muchas gracias!

Find the url for the image you want - google image search Mr Greedy.
Go into your profile, select Forum Profile Information.
Select I have my own pic: and paste in your image's URL.
Click the change profile button at bottom of page.
There is the option to upload if you have the file locally.
The max size displayed is 130x130 but it does scale down larger images.

These excellent visual instructions were produced by Amicale.

Excellent instructions. Or the same thing, for us visual people:

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bibliofagus

How come when I go on modify profile the only thing that comes up is Account Related Settings only though?

Recusant

Quote from: Bibliofagus on May 10, 2012, 09:47:48 PM
How come when I go on modify profile the only thing that comes up is Account Related Settings only though?

Full membership on the board which includes the options of uploading an avatar and posting in areas other than the "Getting To Know You" section, requires 10 posts. See the Forum Rules.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken