Main Menu

Upcoming movies that have you psyched!

Started by xSilverPhinx, September 29, 2018, 02:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

It's probably not even going to be all good, but it looks fun. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

I can't think of any. I believe Hollywood forgot how to make good movies. The last movie I was interested in was the last Hobbit movie.

Sandra Craft

I'm a sucker for Robin Hood movies, even profoundly historically inaccurate ones.

And also Holmes & Watson movies, even profoundly bad ones.  Esp. with John C. Reilly in them.

Continuing the me and silly movies theme, Aquaman.  It's like three low blows, all at once.

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on September 29, 2018, 07:48:46 AM
I can't think of any. I believe Hollywood forgot how to make good movies. The last movie I was interested in was the last Hobbit movie.

The Hobbit trilogy wasn't all that good IMO, especially because LotR set the bar pretty high, but they were decent enough "popcorn flicks". You go into the theatre with high expectations and you usually set yourself up to feel let down.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on September 29, 2018, 08:26:32 AM
I'm a sucker for Robin Hood movies, even profoundly historically inaccurate ones.

And also Holmes & Watson movies, even profoundly bad ones.  Esp. with John C. Reilly in them.

Continuing the me and silly movies theme, Aquaman.  It's like three low blows, all at once.

Love those two trailers, for different reasons. :grin:

No one

Whlie the Hobbit trilogy was not on par with The Lord Of The Rings, it is infinitely better the the general rubbish churned out by the hollywood greed driven steamroller.

Sandra Craft

Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: No one on September 29, 2018, 09:33:08 PM
Whlie the Hobbit trilogy was not on par with The Lord Of The Rings, it is infinitely better the the general rubbish churned out by the hollywood greed driven steamroller.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the trilogy, and was super psyched when it was first announced that they were being made. I just think it didn't need to be a trilogy, unlike the LotR. A lot of unnecessary sausage-filling going on in the Hobbit movies.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 02, 2018, 10:49:02 PM

Don't get me wrong, I liked the trilogy, and was super psyched when it was first announced that they were being made. I just think it didn't need to be a trilogy, unlike the LotR. A lot of unnecessary sausage-filling going on in the Hobbit movies.
:watching:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on October 03, 2018, 07:52:08 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 02, 2018, 10:49:02 PM

:watching:

:lol: Is that not an expression in English?

Sandra Craft

Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 03, 2018, 05:08:40 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 03, 2018, 04:50:22 PM

It depends on how you meant that.   :eyebrow:

I meant it in the sense that a lot of extra material gets stuffed into a sausage that doesn't necessarily contribute to the meaty taste, just to make a bigger sausage. It's an expression around these parts, used when a film or book has a lot of stuff that doesn't necessarily contribute to the plot and was put there just to make a longer movie or add pages to a book.

In the case of the Hobbit trilogy, it didn't need to be a trilogy.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 03, 2018, 05:15:48 PM

I meant it in the sense that a lot of extra material gets stuffed into a sausage that doesn't necessarily contribute to the meaty taste, just to make a bigger sausage. It's an expression around these parts, used when a film or book has a lot of stuff that doesn't necessarily contribute to the plot and was put there just to make a longer movie or add pages to a book.

OoooKay.  I don't know what Tank was thinking, but in the States "sausages" as slang refers to men, and what they do with their "sausages".  Your comment got quite the little visual going.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on October 03, 2018, 05:19:05 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 03, 2018, 05:15:48 PM

OoooKay.  I don't know what Tank was thinking, but in the States "sausages" as slang refers to men, and what they do with their "sausages".  Your comment got quite the little visual going.

Oh dear!

:rofl:

Tank, I did not mean that kind of movie! :lol:

xSilverPhinx