News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Stop the Wall!

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, January 07, 2017, 08:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 22, 2017, 06:53:58 PM
Thanks.  I'm sending it to everyone I can.

I'm flogging it around FB too, and already have one guy promising to help out with that.  He really liked your video.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 25, 2017, 11:25:21 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 22, 2017, 06:53:58 PM
Thanks.  I'm sending it to everyone I can.

I'm flogging it around FB too, and already have one guy promising to help out with that.  He really liked your video.

Thanks. 

Magdalena

Ecurb Noselrub, for you.  :grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

Sandy

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 19, 2017, 10:23:59 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on May 19, 2017, 09:31:37 PM
:rofl:
:puppysnicker:

That is funny, isn't it?  ;D
My favorite is:
"A heck of a," is one-half an ass load."
That's very accurate.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Magdalena on May 19, 2017, 10:36:50 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 19, 2017, 10:23:59 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on May 19, 2017, 09:31:37 PM
:rofl:
:puppysnicker:

That is funny, isn't it?  ;D
My favorite is:
"A heck of a," is one-half an ass load."
That's very accurate.

Thinking about it, I had to admit -- what else could it be?
Sandy

Icarus

Has this one been posted?  If so play it again, it is a humorous take on the "wall". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on June 25, 2017, 07:30:05 PM
Has this one been posted?  If so play it again, it is a humorous take on the "wall". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU8dCYocuyI

New one on me.

And, as ever, btilliant!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

Here we go. The beginning of the 'beautiful, beautiful' wall will be done by partially destroying a wildlife refuge. This is an excellent example of what Trump's gang of greedy, ignorant, malevolent clowns have in store for the US.

"Trump Administration Preparing Texas Wildlife Refuge for First Border Wall Segment" | Texas Observer

QuoteFor at least six months, private contractors and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials have been quietly preparing to build the first piece of President Trump's border wall through the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge in South Texas. The federally owned 2,088-acre refuge, often called the "crown jewel of the national wildlife refuge system," could see construction begin as early as January 2018, according to a federal official who has been involved in the planning but asked to remain anonymous.

"This should be public information," the official told the Observer. "There shouldn't be government officials meeting in secret just so they don't have to deal with the backlash. The public has the right to know about these plans."

[. . .]

The official said that the Department of Homeland Security picked the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge as the first site for a border wall segment because it's owned by the federal government, avoiding legal entanglements with private landowners. At least 95 percent of the Texas border is privately owned. As the Observer's June cover story, "Over the Wall," detailed, at least one-third of the 320 condemnation suits filed against landowners in 2007 are still pending.

Established in 1943, the Santa Ana Wildlife Refuge is one of the top birding destinations in North America. Home to at least 400 bird species and 450 species of plants, it also hosts both the rare Sabal palm and the endangered ocelot. The refuge is located on the Texas-Mexico border about 10 miles southeast of McAllen in the Rio Grande Valley.

If the levee wall is constructed, it will essentially destroy the refuge, the official said. The proposed plans call for building a road south of the wall and clearing refuge land on either side of the wall for surveillance, cameras and light towers.

[Continues . . .]

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Arturo

I had a conversation with my Dad about Trump Jr deal with the Russians. He, with whatever source he got it from, says that everyone looks to foriegn governmentscto get dirt on other candidates. Whether that be true or not, why is it that Hillary can deal with Russians and be labeled a criminal, but when the (very possible) whole Trump family does it, he gets defended by the same people who lashed out at Hillary? Do they not care for their own hypocrisy or are they just psychopaths?

Disclaimer: I don't know if what my Dad says is true. He likely got that information from the radio (who don't source their information much, if at all.)
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Quote from: Arturo on July 18, 2017, 11:50:31 PM
I had a conversation with my Dad about Trump Jr deal with the Russians. He, with whatever source he got it from, says that everyone looks to foriegn governmentscto get dirt on other candidates. Whether that be true or not, why is it that Hillary can deal with Russians and be labeled a criminal, but when the (very possible) whole Trump family does it, he gets defended by the same people who lashed out at Hillary? Do they not care for their own hypocrisy or are they just psychopaths?

Disclaimer: I don't know if what my Dad says is true. He likely got that information from the radio (who don't source their information much, if at all.)
They are relying on the idiotic, "both sides do it, so it's OK for my side to do it, even when it's not OK for the other side to do it."

It's not true, both sides do not do it. Hillary got money from some Russians for services rendered, but she released that information. It wasn't secret, she released her tax returns like every presidential candidate has done for the last several decades until Trump. Hillary didn't lie about her getting money from Russia, but Trump did. See the difference?

Trump denied any Russian involvement for months. Then it was proven that there was.
Trump Jr. said on Fox News that he released his emails, and that he met with the Russian lawyer alone with a translator of course, and it was about orphans and that was it.
Then it turns out that Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner also attended the meeting, but that was it.
Then it turns out that the guy who set up the meeting attended, but that was it.
Then it turns out that Rinat Akhmetshin (A lobbyist who is against Russian sanctions), also attended the meeting, but that is it.
Then it turns out that Ike Kaveladze (a man who had laundered money), also attended the meeting. Is that it this time?

Were all those people, some of whom are worth several hundred million dollars, there just to talk about orphans for 30-40 minutes? Would they have stuck around during a time that Trump Jr. said was a hectic and busy time if the meeting had nothing to do with what Trump Jr. was promised? I find that hard to believe, and if you follow the pattern of lies, I'm sure there is more to the meeting.

Meanwhile (why are we still talking about Hillary?), every time Hillary was investigated, and she was investigated a lot, she came out with nothing proven to be bad on her part. That includes many investigations that were run by the Republican party, not just the independent and bipartisan investigations. Hillary was shown to be on the level time and time again... not so much for Trump.

No, both parties are not the same. Saying so is like saying that because traces of lead can be found in all water, that drinking tap water from Flynnt, MI is just fine.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on July 19, 2017, 03:41:28 PM

They are relying on the idiotic, "both sides do it, so it's OK for my side to do it, even when it's not OK for the other side to do it."

It's not true, both sides do not do it. Hillary got money from some Russians for services rendered, but she released that information. It wasn't secret, she released her tax returns like every presidential candidate has done for the last several decades until Trump. Hillary didn't lie about her getting money from Russia, but Trump did. See the difference?

Trump denied any Russian involvement for months. Then it was proven that there was.
Trump Jr. said on Fox News that he released his emails, and that he met with the Russian lawyer alone with a translator of course, and it was about orphans and that was it.
Then it turns out that Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner also attended the meeting, but that was it.
Then it turns out that the guy who set up the meeting attended, but that was it.
Then it turns out that Rinat Akhmetshin (A lobbyist who is against Russian sanctions), also attended the meeting, but that is it.
Then it turns out that Ike Kaveladze (a man who had laundered money), also attended the meeting. Is that it this time?

Were all those people, some of whom are worth several hundred million dollars, there just to talk about orphans for 30-40 minutes? Would they have stuck around during a time that Trump Jr. said was a hectic and busy time if the meeting had nothing to do with what Trump Jr. was promised? I find that hard to believe, and if you follow the pattern of lies, I'm sure there is more to the meeting.

Meanwhile (why are we still talking about Hillary?), every time Hillary was investigated, and she was investigated a lot, she came out with nothing proven to be bad on her part. That includes many investigations that were run by the Republican party, not just the independent and bipartisan investigations. Hillary was shown to be on the level time and time again... not so much for Trump.

No, both parties are not the same. Saying so is like saying that because traces of lead can be found in all water, that drinking tap water from Flynnt, MI is just fine.

That was a well laid out response. I only wish I had the patience and emotional control to do the research you did to come to a conclusion like that.

But something makes me think that maybe some of these people are psychopaths, propagandists, and flat out Russian cells on the internet spreading the whole message and trying to confuse the situation.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Quote from: Arturo on July 19, 2017, 06:26:55 PM
Quote from: Davin on July 19, 2017, 03:41:28 PM

That was a well laid out response. I only wish I had the patience and emotional control to do the research you did to come to a conclusion like that.

But something makes me think that maybe some of these people are psychopaths, propagandists, and flat out Russian cells on the internet spreading the whole message and trying to confuse the situation.
Also, Al Gore (not near my favorite presidential nominee), when presented with something sneaky against Bush, decided to turn it into the FBI.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/07/13/what-donald-trump-jr-should-have-learned-from-the-2000-gore-campaigns-hot-potato/

QuoteSo imagine Downey's surprise when he received an envelope containing a briefing book and a videotape at his home address. He said he looked only long enough to determine that it was a book purporting to help Bush prepare for his 2000 debates and a tape supposedly of actual practice sessions. He called me and Bill Daley, the campaign chair, and while being very careful not to divulge any of the contents he might have gleaned, said that he was turning the materials over to the FBI.

Both "sides" are not the same.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Yes I remember hearing that bit about Al Gore. I guess it doesn't matter if you lie, cheat, and steal, as long as you are republican. But if you are anythig else then die and go to hell right?
     Arturo The1  リ壱