News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

David who?

Started by fester30, June 16, 2011, 11:49:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fester30

David Tyree, former NFL receiver who made the big catch that helped propel the NY Giants to victory in Super Bowl XLII, is against gay marriage.  He is apparently such an important public figure that he made the front page of the CNN website.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/16/new.york.gay.marriage.tyree/index.html?hpt=hp_p1&iref=NS1

What really gets me is not that he's against gay marriage.  While I may think he is wrong in his view, I don't begrudge him his opinions.  What gets me is the quote: "Marriage is the only relationship that actually mirrors the relationship with God."

So is he saying he has sex with God?  Perhaps he prays to his wife.  What does that idea have to do with whether the marriage that mirrors the relationship with God is between a man and a woman?  Then again maybe he just thinks he's God, which means his marriage would then BE that relationship.

hismikeness

This part makes no sense...

QuoteHe also argued that same-sex parents are ill-equipped to raise a child of the opposite sex.

"You can't teach something that you don't have," Tyree said in the video. "So two men will never be able to teach a woman how to be a woman."

... especially considering many of his NFL brethren (men) were raised by one parent, usually of the opposite gender (mother or grandmother). Were they ill equipped to teach a man how to be a man?

This tool is giving us smart athletes a bad name. So to you, Mr. Tyree, I say:
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: fester30 on June 16, 2011, 11:49:01 AMWhat gets me is the quote: "Marriage is the only relationship that actually mirrors the relationship with God."

So is he saying he has sex with God?  Perhaps he prays to his wife.  What does that idea have to do with whether the marriage that mirrors the relationship with God is between a man and a woman?  Then again maybe he just thinks he's God, which means his marriage would then BE that relationship.

God Dominant - Man Subservient
Man Dominant - Woman Subservient

Sounds like that good old ancient goat herder value system.