News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by gwyn428, January 25, 2009, 09:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 24, 2020, 08:56:05 AM
The Norwegian singer Aksel Rykkvin when he was 12.

The boy is growing up and his voice is transitioning very well. Here at 15:

Give me a moment to collect my jaw from the floor...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Of all Schubert's lieder, this is probably my favourite. Der Hirt auf dem Felsen.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

The Danes have  talented musicians, they have a keen sense of humor,  they appear to like cowboy western theme music. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT1NJwEi6nw&feature=emb_rel_pause

hermes2015

I predict that we are going to hear a lot more from Alma Deutscher, a composer  who is only 15.

She is in good company. Edgard Varese was inspired by the street sounds of New York, when arrived there from France, and wrote Ionisation around 1930. It features the sound of a siren.

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

hermes2015

Sorry that my obsessions are getting the better of me but, I couldn't resist posting another performance of the Varese piece. It shows details of the instruments used very nicely.

That hanging drum with the cord  through it is called a lion's roar.

I love Varese so much that I did a painting inspired by his Hyperprism (1923) some time ago.
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

Sometimes in my more melancholic moods I listen to Nina....

Ain't Got No, I Got Life - Nina Simone

I ain't got no home, ain't got no shoes
Ain't got no money, Ain't got no clothes
Ain't got no perfume, Ain't got no skirts
Ain't got no sweaters, Ain't got no smokes
Ain't got no god.

Ain't got no father, Ain't got no mother
Ain't got no sisters, I've got one brother
Ain't got no land, Ain't got no country
Ain't got no freedom, Ain't got no god,
Ain't got no mind,

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

xSilverPhinx

No one

Icarus

^ I like it No One.  Sounds like an extreme Improvisation of and old standard: Take Five

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant