News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Hello I'm new.

Started by John 3:16, October 16, 2011, 03:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on November 11, 2011, 08:35:12 AM
For me, it means that if something can be said to an adult, it can also be said to a minor.
Thank you for understanding that. Then again, after the conversation we had in the Noob thread, I guess you can understand that I can handle whatever you happen to say.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Ecurb Noselrub

but what practical issues are you refering to..?

Not knowing what the family/social circumstances of a particular minor are can present some practical problems, such as the chance of making a parent irate, who then tracks you down, somehow, and does nasty things. It happens.  Dealing with minors can be like traversing a mine-infested field. I continue to think that there are always potential legal problems when minors are involved.

not your typical...

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 11, 2011, 09:11:21 PM
Not knowing what the family/social circumstances of a particular minor are can present some practical problems, such as the chance of making a parent irate, who then tracks you down, somehow, and does nasty things.
My mom is encouraging this. And she understands that I'm gonna do what I want regardless of what she thinks. We've had that talk already. As for your personal moral dilemma, here's a suggestion, don't post on threads I frequent. Then you don't have to bear the burden of thinking that perhaps you should have said less.
But everyone else, feel free to say what ever your heart desires. I'm here to learn and discover, not to be treated like a 5-year-old who can't make up her own mind. Nor to be thought of as a completely unnecessary censor. Like Asmodean stated earlier, "the moment you consider someone old enough to read the bible or hear the stories derived thereof, you should also consider them old enough for any conversation you would engage an adult in. Just to avoid being a hypocrite..."
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight

Norfolk And Chance

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 10, 2011, 09:41:08 PM
Quote from: not your typical... on November 10, 2011, 07:11:17 PM
That night we plotted her death,

So, exactly in what sense are you a Christian? Just curious.

God's kill count > 2 million.

Shhhhh!!
Reality is the stuff that doesn't go away when you stop believing in it ~ Matt Dillahunty

not your typical...

Quote from: Norfolk And Chance on November 11, 2011, 10:08:23 PM
God's kill count > 2 million.
Shhhhh!!
If I had the chance, I'd probably beat that record...

DeterminedJuliet

but what practical issues are you refering to..?

Not knowing what the family/social circumstances of a particular minor are can present some practical problems, such as the chance of making a parent irate, who then tracks you down, somehow, and does nasty things. It happens.  Dealing with minors can be like traversing a mine-infested field. I continue to think that there are always potential legal problems when minors are involved.

This is why I keep my online persona completely anonymous. Even when I use my name online, I use my maiden name, whereas all of my "real life" stuff is in my married name.

So you'd have to be some kind of computer whiz-detective to figure out where/who I am - and even then, I'm in Canada, so most would have even more trouble getting to me :P
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

not your typical...

haha. No need to be worried about anyone I know coming after you. :D

Asmodean

Not knowing what the family/social circumstances of a particular minor are can present some practical problems, such as the chance of making a parent irate, who then tracks you down, somehow, and does nasty things.
I would welcome the action. It's been a long time since The Asmo had to come out and fight in any sort of literal sense.

QuoteIt happens.  Dealing with minors can be like traversing a mine-infested field. I continue to think that there are always potential legal problems when minors are involved.
It would be hard to sue me the European over in States and any p2p legal action here would simply be thrown in the trash can by the first judge that read it. However, in the interests of not making trouble for the US based message board and its owner, I try not to break more laws than I feel is my due (Or rather, more than what I think the "this site and its staff are not in any way responsible for individual member's writing and so on and so forth" can handle.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

not your typical...

Quote from: Asmodean on November 12, 2011, 08:25:19 AM
I would welcome the action. It's been a long time since The Asmo had to come out and fight in any sort of literal sense.
I try not to break more laws than I feel is my due (Or rather, more than what I think the "this site and its staff are not in any way responsible for individual member's writing and so on and so forth" can handle.
Asmo, I want a pet polar bear. Give me one. :D