News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

I'm being brave..

Started by Being_Brave, October 18, 2010, 11:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Being_Brave

I'm 25, married, college educated, no kids, and I'm Catholic. I have faith, but I'm not a bible thumper, so no worries about hearing verses from me (unless you actually literally ask,"What does your bible say about...").

I'm here because I have questions, and I think that having an actual person clarify something for me is much more effective than just reading about it. I'm also here in case anyone needs help understanding what the heck is going on in the minds of Christians.

-BB

PoopShoot

All hail Cancer Jesus!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Being_Brave"I'm also here in case anyone needs help understanding what the heck is going on in the minds of Christians.
-BB

You seem to be taking on a daunting task there BB.
Glad to have you here.  :)

Tank

Hi BB

Welcome aboard and do ask your questions, although you will still have to read my answers as that's the only option on a forum  :sigh:

Regards
Chris
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

wildfire_emissary

Hello there BB!
You have some questions? You came to one of the right places to do just that. :)
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

joeactor

Hi BB - Welcome!

No bravery required.  Most folks here are very civil... and only a few bite ;-)

Cheers,
JoeActor

Tank

Quote from: "joeactor"Hi BB - Welcome!

No bravery required.  Most folks here are very civil... and only a few bite ;-)

Cheers,
JoeActor

Personally I tend to nibble around the edges in a ticklish sort of way.  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Thumpalumpacus

Hi there.  Hope you enjoy it here.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "joeactor"Most folks here are very civil... and only a few bite ;-)
Except when we´re ranting. When this happens, remember it has nothing to do with you  ;)

DropLogic

Quote from: "Being_Brave"I'm 25, married, college educated, no kids, and I'm Catholic. I have faith, but I'm not a bible thumper, so no worries about hearing verses from me (unless you actually literally ask,"What does your bible say about...").

I'm here because I have questions, and I think that having an actual person clarify something for me is much more effective than just reading about it. I'm also here in case anyone needs help understanding what the heck is going on in the minds of Christians.

-BB
By "actual person", are you hinting that god may not be answering any of your questions...since he literally can't?

Squid

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "DropLogic"By "actual person", are you hinting that god may not be answering any of your questions...since he literally can't?
No.
Read the entire sentence before you jump to conclusions.
Quotehaving an actual person clarify something for me is much more effective than just reading about it.
So, unless books about atheists are the same as the catholic god.......

No.

Asmodean

Quote from: "Tank"Personally I tend to nibble around the edges in a ticklish sort of way.  :P

Welcome.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

i_am_i

Quote from: "Being_Brave"I'm here because I have questions, and I think that having an actual person clarify something for me is much more effective than just reading about it. I'm also here in case anyone needs help understanding what the heck is going on in the minds of Christians.

-BB

Welcome, BB, I think we could have some fun with this.

So...what's the first question you have?
Call me J

Sapere aude

Prometheus

"There's a new, secret hazing process where each new member must track down and eliminate an old member before being granted full forum privileges.  10 posts is just a front.  Don't get too comfy, your day will come..."-PC