News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Need support - boyfriend is Jehovah

Started by chrome, September 07, 2010, 03:28:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrome

Hi Everyone  :hmm:

I myself don't believe in god and generally dislike religion as a whole... I like living in the real and believe in science and life... I am a good person not because I am told I need to be - because I WANT to be.

Soooo I have joined this forum in hope that I will meet some nice like minded people and perhaps get some support from anyone who has or is experiencing similar circumstances.

Thanks for listening  :hail:

PoopShoot

All hail Cancer Jesus!

i_am_i

Call me J

Sapere aude

Squid

Sorry to hear about your troubles, nevertheless, welcome aboard.

chrome

He has not been baptised as yet and no I have not dumped him... Do you think it is a strong enough reason to do so?

PoopShoot

Quote from: "chrome"He has not been baptised as yet and no I have not dumped him... Do you think it is a strong enough reason to do so?
Nope.  He will be required to dump you in order to be baptised.  He will either figure it out or he will dump you.  Just fuck his brains out and he will quit the religion when he's required to stop.
All hail Cancer Jesus!

i_am_i

Quote from: "chrome"He has not been baptised as yet and no I have not dumped him... Do you think it is a strong enough reason to do so?

The only reason to dump him is the same reason that anyone dumps anyone. Can you live with him? Do you have fun with him? Does he make you uncomfortable? Does he try in any way to change you, to bring you over to his way of "thinking?"

From the way you describe the situation it seems that there's quite a gulf between the two of you insofar as your world views are concerned.

Is he happy for you to just be yourself? Are you happy for him to just be himself, do you enjoy him being himself?

If not, get yourself away from the relationship.
Call me J

Sapere aude

deekayfry

Quote from: "chrome"Hi Everyone  :hmm:

I myself don't believe in god and generally dislike religion as a whole... I like living in the real and believe in science and life... I am a good person not because I am told I need to be - because I WANT to be.

Soooo I have joined this forum in hope that I will meet some nice like minded people and perhaps get some support from anyone who has or is experiencing similar circumstances.

Thanks for listening  :P
I told the people of my district that I would serve them as faithfully as I had done; but if not ... you may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas.-  Davey Crockett, 1834

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

epepke

Nothing wrong with reading and researching The Bible and other "scriptures."  It's probably the single greatest cause of irreligiosity there is.

chrome

Quote from: "PoopShoot"
Nope.  He will be required to dump you in order to be baptised.  He will either figure it out or he will dump you.  Just fuck his brains out and he will quit the religion when he's required to stop.

Hmmm interesting take on it poopShoot  :P[/quote]

Hey deek  :) sounds like you know a fair bit about them... yeah they are hell bent on studing the bible... when I went to the convention they all had brief cases with notes and highlighters and books, etc.

All the Jo's seem really nice and tolerant... but it seems somewhat fake to me as they are doing it not because they choose to but because they were told and it is written in the book.

I guess I need to take each day at a time and see how it pans out.

Thumpalumpacus

If worst comes to worst, pointing and laughing should work.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

omfgzmariah

Quote from: "chrome"I do love him... I do have fun with him - he doesn't try to change me he just tries to make me understand so I don't think he is crazy... One thing I'm scared of is that he may ask me to marry him because of his beliefs... not too sure if I could say yes?

Agreeing to marry someone should be black and white. If you are unsure at all that's crazy to even think about doing.

I could never date someone that didn't believe I did.
 My boyfriend is my other half, and if I couldn't rant to him about creationism... I don't know what I would do.

chrome

Quote from: "omfgzmariah"
Quote from: "chrome"I do love him... I do have fun with him - he doesn't try to change me he just tries to make me understand so I don't think he is crazy... One thing I'm scared of is that he may ask me to marry him because of his beliefs... not too sure if I could say yes?

Agreeing to marry someone should be black and white. If you are unsure at all that's crazy to even think about doing.

I could never date someone that didn't believe I did.
 My boyfriend is my other half, and if I couldn't rant to him about creationism... I don't know what I would do.

I think everyone has questions or certain doubts about marring someone... surely it can't be a complete and utter certainty! It would be amazing if it was though  :)

I do agree it would be much easier to have someone who shared the same ideals as you do though

Thumpalumpacus

Religion, or lack thereof, need not be a bar to a good love.
Illegitimi non carborundum.

omfgzmariah

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Religion, or lack thereof, need not be a bar to a good love.

I completely disagree. At least, for me personally.

But we are all different.