News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Poll: Will Robots Take Your Job?

Started by Arturo, May 14, 2018, 10:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Automation Is Coming. So let's find out if your job is coming under robot rule. Click the link, search for your job title, vote, and please state your job title in the comments.

https://willrobotstakemyjob.com/

No. My job as a Personal Trainer is safe!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

jumbojak

I can only dream that a robot could, someday replace me at work... but it is a good dream.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Easy one, I don't have a job.

Would be happy to have a robot that can do the cooking and chores though.

JJ, going to take a bloody sophisticated bunch of chips, cogs and levers to cover your skillset(s)! Damn close to humsn I reckon . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

I'm a voice actor, so some of the jobs are already taken by automation (phone systems, book reading programs, map directions, etc.)

However, I doubt that we'll have an AI anytime soon that can handle the subtleties of creating realistic characters.

So... I'm safe. For now.

Arturo

Quote from: joeactor on May 14, 2018, 10:22:48 PM
I'm a voice actor, so some of the jobs are already taken by automation (phone systems, book reading programs, map directions, etc.)

However, I doubt that we'll have an AI anytime soon that can handle the subtleties of creating realistic characters.

So... I'm safe. For now.

You are too late.

Although this was probably designed specifically for being a personal assistant and imitating "normal" human interaction and not human play and stuff like that.

But I don't think anyone wants to watch a robot over a human being. But we'll see. Same reason why my job as a Personal Trainer is safe. Some things people just prefer humans to do.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Quote from: Arturo on May 14, 2018, 10:41:10 PM
Quote from: joeactor on May 14, 2018, 10:22:48 PM

So... I'm safe. For now.

You are too late.

Although this was probably designed specifically for being a personal assistant and imitating "normal" human interaction and not human play and stuff like that.

But I don't think anyone wants to watch a robot over a human being. But we'll see. Same reason why my job as a Personal Trainer is safe. Some things people just prefer humans to do.

I'm sure the mundane, conversational stuff will get replaced, but I still don't think it's gonna be able to duplex-ate this:

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Part of my job is to program robots, so I think I've got some time before I'm replaced by a robot. And when my job is taken by a robot, us humans will no longer be in charge.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.