News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Unpopular Opinion

Started by Pasta Chick, December 21, 2016, 06:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: philosoraptor on April 15, 2018, 05:06:07 PM
*Men should not be permitted to vote on or create legislation on issues of women's reproductive health.
I have 2 daughters.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

Reproduction affects everyone. Not just the person giving birth.

That child has to be cared for. If the mother for some reason gives up the baby, everyone who works or buys groceries has to pay taxes to pay for that. And I'm not for uncaring for children.

Also it could be argued about the rising population, although I know that has been discussed here before.

And it's not as if every man has the same opinion. If a man has the same opinion as a women when going to vote, why should you leave him out of the vote?

This is like Donald Trump saying Mexicans are rapists, murders, and bring drugs and we should build a wall to keep them out, ect. ect. It feels like you just want the vote in your favor at all costs and not willing to accept a loss or compromise. It's your way or the highway because (this group) is the rival and they want the resources you want and so they should be eliminated or depowered to ensure that you get what you want.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Tenfing towards something like Arturo's idea that we are all concerned in and with the future of our race - lest we eat and polute ourselves out of existance.

All participants in reproduction have equal responsibility, but us non-reproducers are also affected by their, er, actions. At one extreme there is the couple across the road that produce a child every whilst living on social benefit, she cannot be "nudged" into work so long as she has a child under full time school age - not sure what his excuse is (except being obese). But they have a largish car, had a 50" TV delivered, drink, smoke etc.

So, they are as much a burden as I am, but I paid into the fund for as long as they have been alive, paid into a company pension scheme andcstill psy taxes on those pensions. Should I not be allowed some say in the laws that determine how much they take out of the pot even if that aftects their sex life?

Sorry, going off on one there but there has to be mutual concensus and compromise in anything that effects our common future. Those that act in a totally irresponsible and selfish way should face some sort of sanction.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Arturo

Quote from: Dave on April 26, 2018, 10:38:44 PM
Tenfing towards something like Arturo's idea that we are all concerned in and with the future of our race - lest we eat and polute ourselves out of existance.

All participants in reproduction have equal responsibility, but us non-reproducers are also affected by their, er, actions. At one extreme there is the couple across the road that produce a child every whilst living on social benefit, she cannot be "nudged" into work so long as she has a child under full time school age - not sure what his excuse is (except being obese). But they have a largish car, had a 50" TV delivered, drink, smoke etc.

So, they are as much a burden as I am, but I paid into the fund for as long as they have been alive, paid into a company pension scheme andcstill psy taxes on those pensions. Should I not be allowed some say in the laws that determine how much they take out of the pot even if that aftects their sex life?

Sorry, going off on one there but there has to be mutual concensus and compromise in anything that effects our common future. Those that act in a totally irresponsible and selfish way should face some sort of sanction.

I wouldn't say sanction. If they love each other and want to have sex then they can in my eyes. But there are options to avoid becoming a "welfare queen". Morally you shouldn't be having children just to increase your welfare payments if you don't care about the child. Also there is probably a limit to the amount children for a variety of reasons like stress and that thing that happens when you have too many cats. But shouldn't be having kids just to increase your welfare payments.

Although I'm not sure how the unemployed situation works over there but I've heard of it working like I've described in at least some facet of the world.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱