News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

History yet to be made...

Started by Tank, October 19, 2017, 09:03:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

New York Times
May 31st 114NC

This morning the last believer passed away at the age of 107. Dalia Moss was born in Lahore, Pakistan on Jan 12th 7NC. She was a neo-Muslim. As far as can be ascertained not one of the Earth's 3.62 billion human inhabitants now follow any organised belief system or hold a personal view that the Universe was instituted by a supernatural entity.

The AI population has stated "We mourn the passing of one of our mortal friends but at the same time rejoice that they have finally closed a most damaging chapter in their history. Our thoughts are with the friends and relations of Dalia Moss."

This is a momentous occasion as it now means that Earth can become a full voting member of the League of Rational Worlds.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Tank on October 19, 2017, 09:03:12 AM

This is a momentous occasion as it now means that Earth can become a full voting member of the League of Rational Worlds.

Bullshit and conceit.
You'll have to loose your gonads before you get to go there.

edit: I think I thought I meant lose.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Davin

I think mine are already pretty loose.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Davin on October 19, 2017, 03:04:10 PM
I think mine are already pretty loose.

That's as it should be but there's the verb to be considered and I don't want to be promoting it.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Biggus Dickus

DETROIT NEWS AND FREE PRESS

May 2018
Local man marries Salma Hayek in small ceremony at Dearborn Inn.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Tank

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 19, 2017, 07:15:36 PM

May 2018
Local man marries Selma Hayek in small ceremony at Dearborn Inn.

Is your wife aware of your plans?

Dave

May 2018
Local man marries Selma Hayek in small ceremony at Dearborn Inn.

That's a coincidence, there's an actress called Salma Hayek, georgeous girl and only one letter different!

:grin:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on October 19, 2017, 07:26:34 PM

May 2018

Is your wife aware of your plans?

Oh yes, we have an arrangement all work out. It's cool.

Quote from: Dave on October 19, 2017, 07:30:34 PM

May 2018

That's a coincidence, there's an actress called Salma Hayek, georgeous girl and only one letter different!

:grin:

That's the problem in the future, there are no good Copy Editors, that should have been caught!

Magdalena

May 2018

Wait a minute...It just says, "local man." It doesn't say, "Father Bruno de la Pole marries Salma Hayek." :news:

"Local man" could be Arturo, he lives in Michigan too, doesn't he?  :eyebrow:

If it said, "Loco man" marries Salma Hayek in small ceremony at Dearborn Inn." I would be 100% sure they were talking about Father Bruno:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on October 19, 2017, 09:03:11 PM

May 2018

Wait a minute...It just says, "local man." It doesn't say, "Father Bruno de la Pole marries Salma Hayek." :news:

"Local man" could be Arturo, he lives in Michigan too, doesn't he?  :eyebrow:

If it said, "Loco man" marries Salma Hayek in small ceremony at Dearborn Inn." I would be 100% sure they were talking about Father Bruno:grin:

Ha Ha, very funny Maggie!  :smileshake:

That was just the future headline, didn't know you wanted the entire story!

Dashing Michigan native, acclaimed Atheist, and all around great guy Father Bruno de la Pole has married the stunning actress Salma Hayek in a small and private ceremony held at the Dearborn Inn...

According to TMZ, Salma was introduced to Bruno by mutual acquaintance and friend Vincent D'Onofrio, and it was according to her, "love at first sight"...Salma said she was won over not only by Bruno's good looks, but by his wonderful sense of humor...he can keep me laughing for hours on end..."If you know what I mean"...LOL"

The newlyweds are apparently headed to Amsterdam for their honeymoon

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on October 19, 2017, 09:46:12 PM
Dashing
acclaimed Atheist
all around great guy
TMZ
mutual acquaintance and friend
according to her, "love at first sight"
Bruno's good looks
wonderful sense of humor

:puppysnicker:
:postoday:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Tank on October 19, 2017, 09:03:12 AM
New York Times
May 31st 114NC

This morning the last believer passed away at the age of 107. Dalia Moss was born in Lahore, Pakistan on Jan 12th 7NC. She was a neo-Muslim. As far as can be ascertained not one of the Earth's 3.62 billion human inhabitants now follow any organised belief system or hold a personal view that the Universe was instituted by a supernatural entity.

The AI population has stated "We mourn the passing of one of our mortal friends but at the same time rejoice that they have finally closed a most damaging chapter in their history. Our thoughts are with the friends and relations of Dalia Moss."

I feel bad for derailing your thread Tank with my silly, little fantasy of Salma,... I mean your OP is an interesting topic, and I've been thinking about it.

In light of what's been going on here in America related to gun violence, especially mass shootings, and the most recent horror we experienced in Las Vegas. I would one day like to imagine the following. (Sort of mimics what happened in Australia after the Port Arthur massacre)

New York Times
May 31st 114NC

In solemn observances all across America people are taking part in solemn memorials to honor the victims of the last mass shooting which occured here in the US exactly 50 years ago today.

Not only memorials to honor the victims, but also to commemorate the steps taken by all us citizens after that horrible event to ensure that we instituted a viable social contract which stated that all lives are precious, and should not be casually ended by one lone madmen, and how we were able to do so without sacrificing our freedoms or liberty.