News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Member News (that fits no-where else)

Started by Dave, September 30, 2018, 11:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on October 01, 2018, 07:19:42 PM
Pneumonia plus lung infevtion - on strongest antibio.

How are you today, Dave? I am glad you've had a diagnosis and you're being treated with the correct medication.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 02, 2018, 04:15:06 AM

How are you today, Dave? I am glad you've had a diagnosis and you're being treated with the correct medication.

Yeah, not disgnosis that I wanted . . .

This will have to wait mainly 'till my tablet and a stylus arrive, geriatric fingers amd phones no not mix for long scribes. But personal exprriment seems to indicate that I am tolarating being closer to horizontal than two days ago. Not becoming completely short of breath.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on October 02, 2018, 05:32:15 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on October 02, 2018, 04:15:06 AM

Yeah, not disgnosis that I wanted . . .

This will have to wait mainly 'till my tablet and a stylus arrive, geriatric fingers amd phones no not mix for long scribes. But personal exprriment seems to indicate that I am tolarating being closer to horizontal than two days ago. Not becoming completely short of breath.

Good. Just wait a few days before you start chasing the nurses around the corridors.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

joeactor

Whoa! Dave... Glad you're on the mend. Wishing you a speedy healing!

Dave

Guys, for the moment, "The patient is in a stable condition."

One might also add that the patient is knackered.

I have a tiny weight gain, 200g,  probably not significant enough to whether it is fluid or water - though my appetite was zilch for three days. Today's fluid balance chart, that we have to fill the drinks bit of ourselves, is 1275ml in and 1300ml out. To the latter you can add all other bodily losses which can be 40% added to urine's 60%.

So far as the bugs are concered: there are two tests to guestimate these, both take time so the result is always out of date.

All this time it's putting a load on the heart and kidneys. Gotta take the fluid to keep the kidneys flushed but tot too much.

That stable balance is quite difficult. Takes a lot of confidence in the techniques and staff. Not nice when you get two consultats treat you as an organism with a condition and not a person with concerns and a brain.

xSilverPhinx

Good to hear that you're in a stable condition, Dave. At least you seem to be out of the more immediate danger zone, and are being well looked after.

Quote from: Dave on October 02, 2018, 05:41:18 PM
That stable balance is quite difficult. Takes a lot of confidence in the techniques and staff. Not nice when you get two consultats treat you as an organism with a condition and not a person with concerns and a brain.

Yes, it's true that people in the medical profession could do with a little polishing in their doctor-patient interactions. Not that most aren't polite or respectful or anything, it's just that they could have some more tact when it comes to dealing with people. On the other hand, it's probably necessary to distance themselves emotionally because when all you see are health issues and problems on a daily basis, it can be quite an emotional drain. :notsure:   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bluenose

Glad to hear the medicos are on the job Dave.  I feel you pain regarding breathlessness.  Last year I had a nasty dose of pneumonia together with a plural effusion.  They took about two litres of fluid out of my plural cavity!  I get being worn out putting on socks, had that, just getting up and putting on a pair of jeans did it in for me.   On top of that I had anaemia which proved later to be related to my kidneys giving up the ghost.  Happy to report that a long course of antibiotics, IV initially but mostly oral and going on dialysis (not applicable in your case I hope) has allowed me to recover some amount of my stamina.   Still can't walk any great distance but it is definitely on the improve.  Hope you're soon back to giving the nurse cheek and then make your break for freedom when you're feeling a bit better.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Dave

Well, with combination of mild sleeper and a gulp of some kind of oxygenator I had a half decent sleep, even slept through arrival of new person opposite - which implies I also slep thru Andy leaving very early to have his implant implanted,

Just a little short of breath on "energetic" movings around, like sitting up in bed!

To this lay person I feel better - waana see bug and cell counts.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Just seen the doc: happy with the improvement in my general demeanour and increased appetite. Still a little water retrntion, they are going to increse the diuretic.

If the bug count is not decreseasing on the next test (stable at the moment) I will be referred to a microbiologist.

Buddy

Good news Dave! Here's hoping that you continue the improvement.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on October 03, 2018, 04:11:59 PM
Just seen the doc: happy with the improvement in my general demeanour and increased appetite. Still a little water retrntion, they are going to increse the diuretic.

If the bug count is not decreseasing on the next test (stable at the moment) I will be referred to a microbiologist.

Fingers crossed for you, Dave!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

Quote from: Dave on October 03, 2018, 04:11:59 PM

So are you bug-free Dave or is it the microbiologist for you?
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dark Lightning

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Dark Lightning on November 02, 2018, 02:46:53 AM
Dave?

Dave!?

Anyone heard from Dave?  :???:

Go to Dave's Latest under the Members Only category.  He is alive and posting.