News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

All Things Dog

Started by xSilverPhinx, March 24, 2018, 02:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

As the Merovingian in the Matrix said, "You see, there is only one constant, one universal, it is the only real truth: causality. Action, reaction. Cause, effect."

An All Things Cat thread has been generated from the chaos, and now a Dog thread must too. It is the law of the Universe, and such a law must be obeyed.

-~-

Ever hear of the story of Hachikō? The loyal Akita who would wait for his deceased owner at a train station in Japan for 9 years until his death?  :cryandrun:

Tell me that doesn't pull on your heartstrings?

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Yes, I have heard of the dog. It is a very touching bit of history.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

I watched a Japanese movie on the story a long time ago, I forgot the name and can't find it on YouTube, though.:(  By the time it ended I was a babbling mess who couldn't stop crying. Who knew a human could produce that much fluid from their eye glands?   :waah:

Dogs make great family members. They bring love, joy, a couple of loud smelly farts here and there, and happiness.

xSilverPhinx

Dave

QuoteTell me that doesn't pull on your heartstrings?

Yes, it does, Silver.

Then my head strings think, "What a bloody stupid dog!"

Have you head of "Blackfriars Bobbie"
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

I wonder whether a cat would do the same.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dave on March 24, 2018, 04:31:27 PM
QuoteTell me that doesn't pull on your heartstrings?

Yes, it does, Silver.

Then my head strings think, "What a bloody stupid dog!"

Have you head of "Blackfriars Bobbie"

No, I hadn't heard of that one before. :(

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 24, 2018, 05:16:28 PM

Naw, cats are pragmatic! You must know the old joke about the man laying, out cold, at the bottom of the stairs.

His dog is thinking, "Master, master, get up, tell me what to do. Oh, what do I do, do you want your slippers? A paper? Tell me, tell me . . ."

The cat is thinking, "You gonna get up and feed me or do I start eating your face?"
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on March 24, 2018, 05:44:54 PM

Naw, cats are pragmatic! You must know the old joke about the man laying, out cold, at the bottom of the stairs.

His dog is thinking, "Master, master, get up, tell me what to do. Oh, what do I do, do you want your slippers? A paper? Tell me, tell me . . ."

The cat is thinking, "You gonna get up and feed me or do I start eating your face?"

That's probably why I like cats.
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

Quote from: hermes2015 on March 24, 2018, 05:48:30 PM
Quote from: Dave on March 24, 2018, 05:44:54 PM

That's probably why I like cats.
:lol:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Biggus Dickus

I dedicate this thread to dogs like George!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena