News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

You as terrififed as me of Roy Moore be elected to Alabama Senate?

Started by Curt, October 01, 2017, 12:00:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

It's a bad sign, that it's a good sign that an outed pedophile was beaten in a political race.

I mean, it's good, and Alabama had usually been +25 points for Republicans for decades, and a Democrat came in and won by a point. I just think that the race shouldn't have been that close. Moore should have had no supporters.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

So my sister in law recommended that I watch this Moore's campaign manager try to say that Muslim's can't hold a political office.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/12/12/roy_moore_spokesman_muslims_cant_be_elected_officials_because_you_have_to_swear_on_christian_bible.html

If Moore won, it wouldn't be as funny as it is.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on December 13, 2017, 03:40:06 PM
So my sister in law recommended that I watch this Moore's campaign manager try to say that Muslim's can't hold a political office.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2017/12/12/roy_moore_spokesman_muslims_cant_be_elected_officials_because_you_have_to_swear_on_christian_bible.html

Not funny, so very, very sad that a nan as thick as that can achieve public office anywhere!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

It's funny. It's OK to laugh at things even if they are bad.

Icarus

The report is that Moore rode his horse to the polls to vote. 

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Harmonie

Quote from: Recusant on December 13, 2017, 11:36:08 PM
Quote from: Icarus on December 13, 2017, 10:29:12 PM
The report is that Moore rode his horse to the polls to vote.

Apparently the horse wasn't too happy about that.

I wish so dearly that the horse would have bucked him right off while on camera.

You know, like that photoshoot where Trump got attacked by a bald eagle. Animals know that these men are rotten, and it's always lovely when they show it.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Sandra Craft

Best laugh I've had in weeks.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Biggus Dickus

I've watched that video three times,...I just love the open-mouth stare into nothing he gives for what seems like a minute.

Here's a video of Roy Moore refusing to concede the senate seat. What's strange is the fucking ridiculous rant he goes on where he states:

Quote"We are indeed in a struggle to preserve our republic, our civilization, and our religion and to set free a suffering humanity," he said. "Today, we no longer recognize the universal truth that God is the author of our life and liberty. Abortion, sodomy and materialism have taken the place of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

...and then.

QuoteWe have stopped prayer in our schools. We have killed over 60 million of our unborn children. We have redefined marriage and destroyed the basis of family, which is the building block of our country. Our borders are not secure. Our economy is faltering under an enormous national debt. We have a huge drug problem. We have even begun to recognize the right of a man to claim to be a woman, and vice versa. We have allowed Judges and justices to rule over our Constitution, and we have become slaves to their tyranny. Immorality sweeps over our land.

I don't see how any person that still claims to be Christian can watch someone like this and not say to themselves, "Maybe this Christian stuff is pretty fucked up, and I'm actually one of the bad guys"?.
Roy Moore ladies and gentlemen,  whose supporters rallied behind as a "Real Virtuous Pedophile" (After all Mary was only 14 years old when she was conceived by god)

I'm so happy he fucking lost...restores some hope in our country. Not a lot, but a little...baby steps.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 14, 2017, 05:40:15 PM

I've watched that video three times,...I just love the open-mouth stare into nothing he gives for what seems like a minute.

Here's a video of Roy Moore refusing to concede the senate seat. What's strange is the fucking ridiculous rant he goes on where he states:

Quote"We are indeed in a struggle to preserve our republic, our civilization, and our religion and to set free a suffering humanity," he said. "Today, we no longer recognize the universal truth that God is the author of our life and liberty. Abortion, sodomy and materialism have taken the place of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."

...and then.

QuoteWe have stopped prayer in our schools. We have killed over 60 million of our unborn children. We have redefined marriage and destroyed the basis of family, which is the building block of our country. Our borders are not secure. Our economy is faltering under an enormous national debt. We have a huge drug problem. We have even begun to recognize the right of a man to claim to be a woman, and vice versa. We have allowed Judges and justices to rule over our Constitution, and we have become slaves to their tyranny. Immorality sweeps over our land.

I don't see how any person that still claims to be Christian can watch someone like this and not say to themselves, "Maybe this Christian stuff is pretty fucked up, and I'm actually one of the bad guys"?.
Roy Moore ladies and gentlemen,  whose supporters rallied behind as a "Real Virtuous Pedophile" (After all Mary was only 14 years old when she was conceived by god)

I'm so happy he fucking lost...restores some hope in our country. Not a lot, but a little...baby steps.

Here's one thing that kind of irritates me about modern Republicans, They pretend to love the constitution, and he even says he saw Trump's election as a window to get back to the constitution, but says nothing about the several constitutional violations that Trump has committed since day one. The emoluments clause being the indisputable one. They don't actually like the constitution, just the parts they agree with. They also constantly fail to realize that amendments are part of the constitution.

Pasta Chick

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 15, 2017, 02:10:08 AM
Pro Moore Voters Defending Him

I don't recommend watching without ear/eye bleach on hand.

Some of their comments are so gross, and so full of hypocrisy. I really have little patience for the fake piety of christians in the past year or so...finding myself becoming much more anti-religous than I used to be.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

Quote from: Davin on December 14, 2017, 06:06:04 PMThey also constantly fail to realize that amendments are part of the constitution.

Well they shouldn't be! (According to Roy Moore.) That repulsive pustule is pining for the good ol' days before the American Civil War. OK, I'm sure you already know all that, but it should be noted in this thread.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Davin

Quote from: Recusant on December 15, 2017, 04:05:23 AM
Quote from: Davin on December 14, 2017, 06:06:04 PMThey also constantly fail to realize that amendments are part of the constitution.

Well they shouldn't be! (According to Roy Moore.) That repulsive pustule is pining for the good ol' days before the American Civil War. OK, I'm sure you already know all that, but it should be noted in this thread.
I can see why he would like to repeal both women's suffrage and slavery, he would have won if the only white men were allowed to vote.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Davin on December 15, 2017, 02:59:59 PM
Quote from: Recusant on December 15, 2017, 04:05:23 AM

I can see why he would like to repeal both women's suffrage and slavery, he would have won if the only white men were allowed to vote.

He would have won if only white people voted, period. White women went 2/3 majority for Moore.

Even black men were only 92% against. Given the margin with which Jones won, black women decided this election going 97% against Moore.

He is on record praising slavery. I haven't kept up with this topic because there was literally nothing I could do to stop Moore, not being a citizen of AL, so following the train wreck this was is just unnecessary stress. So idk if anyone has posted that link yet.