News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Hello Manga

Started by Biggus Dickus, April 19, 2017, 04:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

You made numerous posts on this forum about various NDE's, paranormal events and now a list of "evidence" supposedly which prove that Jesus arose or returned from the dead.

I've suggested in one or more of your threads as have others here at HAF that you aren't really asking questions about these topics of yours because you have doubts concerning the existence of god or proof of an afterlife, but rather that you are quietly trolling and or proselytizing us.

The more I read your posts, along with the lack of sincere responses you have given to the questions we've asked of you (Or simply ignored) the more inclined I am that your motive is that of an evangelical who is out to convert or attempt to convert us from being atheists.

I don't actually mind the attempt of you to do so if indeed that is your mission here, but I would ask that you at least make your motives clear to us rather than try and deceive us by utilizing standard evangelical tactics under the guise of being on the cusp of belief.

I've been an atheist for a very long time (30 years), and have been subject to many attempts at conversion by religious folks...the times it has bothered me the most is when folks have attempted to proselytize me when I have been in a vulnerable state (Such as when my Mother was sick) or under the dishonest guise of faking their own lack of belief when in fact no such doubt existed.

So I am posting this thread in an attempt to find out your true motives at our Forum.

As you made no introductory thread, nor involved yourself in any of the other widely diverse threads where perhaps we could have gotten to know you better (All the more reason to doubt your sincerity as this is not unusual amongst those whose only desire here is to troll or convert us) I'm hoping you'll come forward here and let us know your true intentions, and maybe let us know a little bit more about you.

So who are you magna, and what is your real purpose here?

Edited title to correct name. - R

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

I cannot agree more. I think everyone here has realized that I also have doubts about your sincerity, manga.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

As much as I like to give people the benefit of a doubt, I too am having doubts about your sincerity, manga.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

'Manga' is 'mango' in Portuguese, which is what I always think of when I see the username.

I'm hungry. :yum:

Magdalena

I don't really care if manga is trying to, "plant seeds of doubt," or using, "all the weapons of mass deception."  :smileshake:

But I do think it's sad, sad, sad.  :felix:

In Spanish, manga means sleeve.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on April 20, 2017, 12:37:18 AM
I don't really care if manga is trying to, "plant seeds of doubt," or using, "all the weapons of mass deception."  :smileshake:

??? What's wrong with a sleeve?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

Quote from: Tank on April 20, 2017, 06:54:42 AM

:lol:
Nothing is wrong with a sleeve.

I was saying that I think it's sad that manga is probably using lies, and is talking about NDE, Jesus, the soul, the paranormal, out of body experiences, etc., just to try to convince someone that there is a god.

The, "In Spanish, manga means sleeve" statement I made is related to this:
Quote from: Arturo on April 19, 2017, 11:36:27 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manga
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 19, 2017, 11:43:03 PM
'Manga' is 'mango' in Portuguese, which is what I always think of when I see the username.

I'm hungry. :yum:

I'm sorry for the confusion.  ;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Hehe ;D

It means 'sleeve' in Portuguese as well.

No one

Tank:

Nothing!

Dave

Quote from: Tank on April 20, 2017, 06:54:42 AM

Great for wiping your nose ifthere are no tissues handy!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

I'm thinking of getting a sleeve tattoo.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."