News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

reasons I likely won't make a good Xtian

Started by AngelOfDeath, December 14, 2017, 06:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelOfDeath

Just some quick thoughts to throw out there.

-I don't much like the bible.  One problem with it and why it's so easy for xtians to find a bible verse for about every one of life's situations is simply because there is so much content to it.  It just goes on and on and on.  I'm also not a fan of how matthew, luke, and mark all read nearly identically.  Isn't it like the same thing repeated 3 times?

Magdalena

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 14, 2017, 06:20:57 PM

-I really don't like the human species in general
-I don't believe in forgiving or 'turning the other cheek'
-in a practical sense I don't have a problem with abortion even though I think it's disgusting
-in a practical sense I also don't have a problem with eugenics.  I might even be a supporter of it.
-I don't much like the bible.  One problem with it and why it's so easy for xtians to find a bible verse for about every one of life's situations is simply because there is so much content to it.  It just goes on and on and on.  I'm also not a fan of how matthew, luke, and mark all read nearly identically.  Isn't it like the same thing repeated 3 times?
-I already mentioned this before:  I hate xmas, and the holiday season in general

I'll add more items as I think of them.  The list of reason to not be a xtian is gonna be a lot longer than reasons for it

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

:notsure: I think this is an excellent opportunity to take advantage of the: Add To Ignore List Option, and the, Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

-in a practical sense I don't have a problem with abortion even though I think it's disgusting
-in a practical sense I also don't have a problem with eugenics.  I might even be a supporter of it.
-I already mentioned this before:  I hate xmas, and the holiday season in general

I'll add more items as I think of them.  The list of reason to not be a xtian is gonna be a lot longer than reasons for it

I don't understand, you say you don't have a problem with abortion, yet you find it disgusting?

I personally believe that abortion care is a positive social good, and I also think it's time more people said so and announced themselves to be not only pro-choice, but pro-abortion which is my public stance on the issue.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

AngelOfDeath

The procedure itself is rather ... uh, unappetizing.  Ever see the alien movies?

No one

It's one thing to speak freely, and rustle the plumage of some delicate little dove. It is entirely something different to purposely choose the language of an intolerant, narrow minded asshat!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 15, 2017, 07:48:18 AM
Quote from: Papasito Bruno on December 15, 2017, 03:25:17 AM

I don't understand, you say you don't have a problem with abortion, yet you find it disgusting?

I personally believe that abortion care is a positive social good, and I also think it's time more people said so and announced themselves to be not only pro-choice, but pro-abortion which is my public stance on the issue.

The procedure itself is rather ... uh, unappetizing.  Ever see the alien movies?

Anyway I won't go too deep into my views on it right now--don't feel like being called a nazi and a racist, lol.  And mag might come unglued and start pulling her hair out if she read it.  Maybe one day we'll get into a good discussiion about it

Almost any surgical procedure would seem "unappetizing" to those not accustomed to such sights. Both my children were born via C-Section. I missed the first birth of my daughter unfortunately, but was there in the operating room for my sons birth...usually they don't bring the father's in until just before they actually remove the baby from the uterus, but our doctor was kind enough to allow me to observe practically the entire procedure starting with the incision into the abdomen, then the incision into the uterus, followed by one into amniotic sac ...I imagine someone who is not used to seeing such things would find it unsettling to say the least. I was on the other hand enthralled with the entire procedure, especially when they pulled my beautiful boy from my wife's uterus.

I'll tell you what is disgusting...ever see what a piece of lead shrapnel can do to a human body, or an IED? Some bullshit "Alien" movie ain't got nothing on that....my thought is you've probably never witness an abortion first hand anyway, so why even portray the procedure as disgusting in the first place?

Anyway you don't need to respond to this.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

AngelOfDeath

Quote from: No one on December 15, 2017, 12:53:42 PM
It's one thing to speak freely, and rustle the plumage of some delicate little dove. It is entirely something different to purposely choose the language of an intolerant, narrow minded asshat!

who is the delicate little dove?

AngelOfDeath

Well, regardless of IEDs (I'm thinking you're a combat veteran?), abortion is the ending of a human life.  A lot you probably get hung up on "the definition of a viable human life" or some such thing.  It is what it is, and it is killing.

Tank

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 15, 2017, 06:11:20 PM
... A lot you probably get hung up on "the definition of a viable human life" or some such thing.  It is what it is, and it is killing.
Well as you're a man and will never have to face bringing a dependent parasite into the world your opinion is moot. And you don't have kids so you don't have a clue what it's like, you really don't. While all abortions are failures in some form or another until they are considered the woman's choice, and hers alone, women will never have the body autonomy enjoyed by men. Equality can not happen until then. And regards you not making a good Christian you could have fooled me. Mike pence would be proud of your opinion. You need to learn to walk in other peoples shoes if you are to become a better human being.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

AngelOfDeath

It's just the cards they are dealt from birth...

Bad Penny II

I don't think abortion is very nice, I wouldn't recommend it as a contraception method.
As I understand it the fetus is vacuumed out and disposed of as medical waste usually is.
I think there are strong arguments for both sides, even if they are emotional.
I fall on the accepting it side of things, I won't use the word "pro" in this instance.
To tell someone they have to grow a thing inside them, accept damage, that offends me.
Of course the male right to a opinion is limited, though if you are a male in your child making years, do your best not to cause an unwanted pregnancy.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Icarus

I think that we could get into a spirited argument about the worth of Planned Parenthood.  I must refrain from the exchange because I am a stubbornly dedicated ZPG guy.

AngelOfDeath

Everything is coercion in this system.

AngelOfDeath

I'm a big fan