News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Solution to Northern Ireland?

Started by SisterAgatha, November 22, 2017, 09:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 25, 2017, 05:32:27 PM

I can tell you don't believe in God because you are not very magnanimous or forgiving. The whole white lie about being a nun in a circa 1965 Catholic school was just a bit of narrative fun. The Ireland trip was in fact very real...

The trouble is you have zero credibility as an honest interlocutor. There is no point in bleating about the way people perceive you. You've made your bed, lie in it. And Father Brunos behaviour toward you is a reflection of your behaviour in the first place. You deserve it. Suck it up.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

I can tell you don't believe in God because you are not very magnanimous or forgiving.

Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2017, 06:54:18 PM
The trouble is you have zero credibility as an honest interlocutor. There is no point in bleating about the way people perceive you. You've made your bed, lie in it. And Father Brunos behaviour toward you is a reflection of your behaviour in the first place. You deserve it. Suck it up.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

I can tell you don't believe in God because you are not very magnanimous or forgiving.

I could just as easily say I can tell you don't really believe in god because you're a liar.  How "white" a lie is doesn't matter -- false witness is false witness.

On the secular side of things, everybody starts out with the benefit of the doubt because until someone does something wrong there's no reason to think ill of them.  You very effectively removed that benefit for yourself.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Velma

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 25, 2017, 02:06:37 PM
Quote from: SisterAgatha on November 22, 2017, 10:44:01 PM
Quote from: Recusant on November 22, 2017, 10:28:32 PM
The landscape of Northern Ireland is comparable to the rest of Ireland, despite your attempt to portray it as somehow blighted or of lesser beauty.

Uhhh.. Ive actually been there, I think I know the difference.

There is a substantial difference between the lush fields of county Kerry and the harsh foreboding mountains of Mourne in County Down.

Also..Galway and Dublin..vs. Belfast? Hardly comparable. Belfast is such a sad city :/

Sure you've been there, probably on a trip with Sister Bellarmine along with that roguish prankster who goes by the name of Billy Flanagan.

Why the hell would we believe anything you say?

I can tell you don't believe in God because you are not very magnanimous or forgiving. The whole white lie about being a nun in a circa 1965 Catholic school was just a bit of narrative fun. The Ireland trip was in fact very real.
You didn't shave a few years off your age or claim a tiny bit more educational achievement than you actually have. Those would be white lies. You walked in the door of an established community with a completely fabricated persona in order to preach. Is it any wonder no one trusts you?
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

We also did this:!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV6nK1NF29A

I have trouble believing this. I have no trouble whatsoever thinking that you are a pathological liar.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 27, 2017, 12:36:58 AM

I have trouble believing this. I have no trouble whatsoever thinking that you are a pathological liar.

Me and the other priests from the monastery also did this when we were on a trip to the Himalayas!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 27, 2017, 02:14:47 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 27, 2017, 12:36:58 AM

Me and the other priests from the monastery also did this when we were on a trip to the Himalayas!

Me and the other witches from my neighborhood also did this when we were on a trip to Germany!

There I am! I'm the pretty one!  :tellmemore:

What are your opinions?

What do you think?

Please let me know.

I like them. Who else does?

Crazy right?

Any thoughts?

I know there is some controversy with this posts, but I do not know why there should be?

Anyone here who can help?

thoughts? Ideas?

Thoughts? Beliefs?

Thoughts please!!!

Any ideas?

If anyone has any knowledge about this issue by all means..enthrall me with your acumen!

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Those witches are some snappy dancers.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 27, 2017, 10:14:12 AM
:secrets1: BooksCatsEtc, if I'm pretending to be SisterAgatha, this is the part where I ask, "Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Beliefs?" You answer, and I totally ignore you.

~Don't feel bad, OK? That's just the Catholic thing to do.  :shifty:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on November 27, 2017, 08:44:58 PM
:secrets1: BooksCatsEtc, if I'm pretending to be SisterAgatha, this is the part where I ask, "Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Beliefs?" You answer, and I totally ignore you.

You dang witches and your dancing...so typical of you.

I bet you aren't even a witch!

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 27, 2017, 08:46:58 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on November 27, 2017, 08:44:58 PM

You dang witches and your dancing...so typical of you.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 27, 2017, 08:46:58 PM

:secrets1: Be careful, FB! She'll turn you into a newt, like she did Bruce.

:P

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

SisterAgatha

OK people. I get how me being less than truthful made you upset...but the respect level is really not where it should be.

Can't we all try to be a bit more nice and respectful toward each other?