News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Things that make you chuckle

Started by Dave, September 06, 2017, 06:32:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on June 13, 2018, 03:40:27 AM
I know it's probably wrong to giggle over something like this but the whole situation is so absurd as to be funny. And to think, this man thought he could be President.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/rene-boucher-describes-attack-on-neighbor-rand-paul.html

A fine exampke of utter stupidity on both sides IMHO. Ssd rather than funny.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Bad Penny II

Space Bar=Pause.

I'm watching a QI repeat tippling my home made stout from my special glass.
So...

Quote"We're going back to the 17th century. There was an English highwayman called Captain Dick Dudley. I think you're going to like Dick Dudley. He was hiding in Rome, and while he was hiding from the law enforcement officers, he bought a dead prostitute's pubic wig, a merkin, from an anatomist. "He dried it well and combed it out," that's in inverted commas cause it's a quotation, "and sold it to the Pope." He sold it to the Pope, it could have been Clement X or Innocent XI, as a piece of St Peter's beard. Popes like relics.

He's a great man, I like Dick Dudley. The Pope put it on his mouth, kissed it multiple times and appeared to be thrilled with his purchase. Dick was paid 100 ducats and he immediately skedaddled it out of Rome before anybody caught up with him."

Space Bar = Resume
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

In a space opera novel the hero boards a cruiser captained by a pereon who is seriously biased against her

The name of the cruiser is "Oedius". Seems to be pseudo-Greek that would be pronounced "Eedius" today, but the less well informed mught see it as "Odi(o)us".

Nice play on wirds, even if pseudo!

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Me too.  Silver is testing us to collect brain information about our capacity for careful observation.  :notsure:

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

Dave

xSilverPhinx

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 23, 2018, 09:37:05 PM
I think so! :lol:

Pribably why the handwritten entries in my notes sometimes get read as "hypertension" when I tend to suffer "hypotension"! Have had to correct three consultant's letters so far.

The inaccuracies in my notes worry me at times. Doctors mostly dislike being corrected by patients, but that does not stop me!

xSilverPhinx