News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

I feel like Pence needs a thread of his own

Started by Pasta Chick, July 21, 2016, 12:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

If irony were iron here's enough in there to build a battleship.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

A few years ago, discussing politics with right-wing folks, when they'd say that they wished that Obama would be impeached, I'd point out that they'd get Joe Biden as president. They usually admitted that wouldn't please them.

"Pence: Abortion will end in U.S. 'in our time'" | The Hill

QuoteVice President Pence predicted Tuesday that legal abortion would end in the U.S. "in our time."

"I know in my heart of hearts this will be the generation that restores life in America," Pence said at a luncheon in Nashville, Tenn., hosted by the Susan B. Anthony List & Life Institute, an anti-abortion organization.

"If all of us do all we can, we can once again, in our time, restore the sanctity of life to the center of American law."

Pence has long championed anti-abortion policies, as a congressman, as the governor of Indiana and as vice president.

He told the crowd he has seen more progress in the Trump administration's first year in office than he has in his entire life.

Since President Trump took office last year, he has signed legislation reversing an Obama-era rule that blocked states from defunding Planned Parenthood and reinstated a ban on federal funds for global health programs that cover or promote abortions. 

[Continues . . .]
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Abortion has already been illegal in America "in our time".   It wasn't pretty.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Pence may well be more dangerous than Trump. 

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on March 03, 2018, 02:33:32 AM
Undoubtedly. He's an agenda driven theist and smarter than Trump (ok that's not difficult).
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Quote from: Tank on March 03, 2018, 08:28:02 AM
Quote from: Icarus on March 03, 2018, 02:33:32 AM
Undoubtedly. He's an agenda driven theist and smarter than Trump (ok that's not difficult).

I agree. Pence is very creepy.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

Argh, Pence is in Brazil. Take him back, please.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MikeL

We were warned about the age of this thread and to consider starting a new one, though the Pence pathology deserves to stay on its original thread precisely because it is an old pathology.

In The Domestication of Europe, Hodder explores the archaeology that includes burial rites administered by an elite that used esoterica with which to control the population. This earlier theology included deceptions that exploited fundamental illusions of Man, for example, the illusion of not being dead once we already are. About this time, houses began to be placed in rows (striated space), reminiscent of State space. Thus, we are not surprised that Pence has recently announces a Space Force. As Guattari remarks in The Three Ecologies, 'The object of the institution is not an object at all. It is space.'

The Catholic Mike Pence swears in new members of Congress on the Qur'an, which is also not surprising. The Catholics founded the journal, Islamochristiana, in 1975.

Pence familial DNA rests along with George Washington familial DNA in the same cemetery in Ohio.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MikeL on November 09, 2018, 07:37:28 PM
We were warned about the age of this thread and to consider starting a new one, though the Pence pathology deserves to stay on its original thread precisely because it is an old pathology.

In The Domestication of Europe, Hodder explores the archaeology that includes burial rites administered by an elite that used esoterica with which to control the population. This earlier theology included deceptions that exploited fundamental illusions of Man, for example, the illusion of not being dead once we already are. About this time, houses began to be placed in rows (striated space), reminiscent of State space. Thus, we are not surprised that Pence has recently announces a Space Force. As Guattari remarks in The Three Ecologies, 'The object of the institution is not an object at all. It is space.'

The Catholic Mike Pence swears in new members of Congress on the Qur'an, which is also not surprising. The Catholics founded the journal, Islamochristiana, in 1975.

Pence familial DNA rests along with George Washington familial DNA in the same cemetery in Ohio.

Hello and welcome to HAF, MikeL! Ignore the warnings, thread necromancy is not a crime here.  ;D

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 28, 2018, 01:16:39 AM

Speaking of beta males, who has your Horror Show Elect selected for his VP?  Is there any glimmer of joy there?
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on November 09, 2018, 08:00:55 PM

Speaking of beta males, who has your Horror Show Elect selected for his VP?  Is there any glimmer of joy there?

A loser General who is worse than our Horror Show Elect. He openly defends a military coup. I sincerely hope Horror Show Elect doesn't get impeached.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 09, 2018, 08:08:40 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on November 09, 2018, 08:00:55 PM

A loser General who is worse than our Horror Show Elect. He openly defends a military coup. I sincerely hope Horror Show Elect doesn't get impeached.

We all feel your pain.
Sandy

MikeL

When invoking a "space force" the silverback Catholic mafiosi, Mike Pence, is not fooling some of us. Pence's moving lips we compare with Derrida's Grammatology:

'Rather, I will show that deconstructive notions such as "arche-writing" operate on an ultratranscendental level,  which allows us to think the necessary synthesis of time without grounding it in a nontemporal unity. Derrida obliquely relates such a project to Kant in Of Grammatology, when he writes that " a new transcendental aesthetic must let itself be guided not only by mathematical idealities but the possibility of inscriptions in general, not befalling an already constituted space but producing the spatiality of space"....Derrida can thus think the experience of space and time as constituted by historical and technological conditions, without reducing spacing to an effect of a certain historical or technological epoch. If spacing were merely an effect of historical conditions, it would supervene on something that precedes it and thus adhere to the metaphysical notion of spacing as a Fall.'
(Haegglund, Radical Atheism: Derrida and the Time of Life pp. 26-7)

Obviously, Pence would not be lipping off at this time of the year about space adventures had he been clued up about Derrida's position. No Homo sapiens can credibly speak of modern atheism without having read Haegglund's book.

hermes2015

Quote from: MikeL on November 11, 2018, 08:33:30 PM
When invoking a "space force" the silverback Catholic mafiosi, Mike Pence, is not fooling some of us. Pence's moving lips we compare with Derrida's Grammatology:

'Rather, I will show that deconstructive notions such as "arche-writing" operate on an ultratranscendental level,  which allows us to think the necessary synthesis of time without grounding it in a nontemporal unity. Derrida obliquely relates such a project to Kant in Of Grammatology, when he writes that " a new transcendental aesthetic must let itself be guided not only by mathematical idealities but the possibility of inscriptions in general, not befalling an already constituted space but producing the spatiality of space"....Derrida can thus think the experience of space and time as constituted by historical and technological conditions, without reducing spacing to an effect of a certain historical or technological epoch. If spacing were merely an effect of historical conditions, it would supervene on something that precedes it and thus adhere to the metaphysical notion of spacing as a Fall.'
(Haegglund, Radical Atheism: Derrida and the Time of Life pp. 26-7)

Obviously, Pence would not be lipping off at this time of the year about space adventures had he been clued up about Derrida's position. No Homo sapiens can credibly speak of modern atheism without having read Haegglund's book.

That's way above my simple little head. What is Derrida saying in everyday words?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

MikeL

Firstly, Pence invokes a space force but has stolen the reader's time due to the necessity of having to listen to his message without being able to interrupt him from his podium. At this very point, we can see Theo's modus operandi in action, which relies on both time and space. As Derrida explains in Radical Atheism, the becoming-time of space is also the becoming-space of time. Even though Helen Waddell's approach to the space-time problem pales in comparison to say, Bergson's Triplicity of Flux (as Deleuze explains in his book, Bergsonism, on Einstein's creating a symbol for a fiction), it is common enough language to grasp:

'It is the theologians but not the poets who divide the undivided Trinity in the pot-houses of Paris. Urania and Nature cover their faces and worship before the mystery of the triple-shafted fire.'
(Waddell, Wandering Scholars)

Pence the theologian attempts to ground this theft of time by reifying space as he speaks, as the reader listens/reads. This is deceptive media. with the third dimension always already stolen away from its victims/scapegoats, though as Deleuze says "But I would never say what I write." Pence attempts a non-temporal unity, which is impossible. Derrida is saying that the act of writing itself produces spatiality, which is a profound idea (Of Grammatology).

What is The Fall?

We think Camus links guilt to historicity fairly well, Sartre's 'bad faith,' Kierkegaard's 'dread' :

What Albert Camus's 'The Fall' Has to Say About Modern Society
https://the-artifice.com/albert-camus-the-fall-modern-society/