Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Walking Dead II

Started by Sandra Craft, February 24, 2016, 03:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandra Craft

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 08, 2017, 11:48:01 PM
aww, did they really kill off the stupid fake cgi tiger?  so silly

That tiger was well on her way to becoming my favorite character.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

AngelOfDeath

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 12, 2017, 02:48:40 AM
Carl got bit. Wish it had been Rick.

They should have rick become a zombie, but have him be a nice zombie that doesn't bite anyone.  he'd be able to wander around in scenes but have no speaking parts any longer

Pasta Chick

Granted I haven't been watching, but I can't think of any way this fits in, makes sense, or will advance the plot in a positive way. Especially if the producers really do want the show to go on forever. You can't kill off all the young people.

AngelOfDeath

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 12, 2017, 02:53:32 AM
Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 08, 2017, 11:48:01 PM
aww, did they really kill off the stupid fake cgi tiger?  so silly

That tiger was well on her way to becoming my favorite character.

when i first saw the tiger I knew the show had gone beyond silliness

AngelOfDeath

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 12, 2017, 11:29:55 AM

Granted I haven't been watching, but I can't think of any way this fits in, makes sense, or will advance the plot in a positive way. Especially if the producers really do want the show to go on forever. You can't kill off all the young people.

Yea but after having carl wandering around with no eye in season 7 does anyone want him around?  that was really gross.

Pasta Chick

The more I read about what happened, the more angry I am with the shows producers. Apparently they had just told Chandler Riggs (Carl) they wanted him for another 3 years, information which he used when deciding to purchase a house in commuting range of their filming location. His dad is fucking rip shit pissed, and I don't blame him. Riggs has been on the show since he was 11 and just recently turned 18. I know he's an adult but there is a level of naivete to that situation as a whole and I absolutely believe he was taken advantage of.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: AngelOfDeath on December 12, 2017, 05:04:49 AM

They should have rick become a zombie, but have him be a nice zombie that doesn't bite anyone.  he'd be able to wander around in scenes but have no speaking parts any longer

Or just walk around getting captured and beat up all the time .... oh wait, he already does that.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 12, 2017, 07:06:15 PM
The more I read about what happened, the more angry I am with the shows producers. Apparently they had just told Chandler Riggs (Carl) they wanted him for another 3 years, information which he used when deciding to purchase a house in commuting range of their filming location. His dad is fucking rip shit pissed, and I don't blame him. Riggs has been on the show since he was 11 and just recently turned 18. I know he's an adult but there is a level of naivete to that situation as a whole and I absolutely believe he was taken advantage of.

Yeah, Carl was a pretty interesting character and storyline. I would put him right behind Carol as far as significance.  I think they screwed up.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 12, 2017, 08:54:29 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 12, 2017, 07:06:15 PM

Yeah, Carl was a pretty interesting character and storyline. I would put him right behind Carol as far as significance.  I think they screwed up.

Absolutely. He has repeatedly proven the only one who can figure out to just go kill Negan, and all problems solved

Dragonia

I'm sure this is wishful thinking, but I heard a way that it could have been a human that bit Carl and not a zombie- a human in disguise. A "Whisperer". I don't know why a human would have got his teeth into Carl's side like that, ....I know.... I'm in denial. I have way too strong of an emotional attachment to Carl, made even worse by the fact that my son is Carl's absolute twin. He's had countless people stop us over the years and ask us for pictures, everyone at school calls him Carl.
No, I don't like this twist one bit.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Bad Penny II

OK so we cant just have a bulldozer go through town making that lovely Cat sound, attracting all the zombies, leading them to a park and then squashing, because reasons.

We cant have a half dozen of these sad remnants make a portable square of fencing, (the jail fence seemed to keep 'em out.)
They could stick a couple of pipes through it for carry handles, spears or pipes for deadering (1), you've got yourself a phalanx.

Does anyone outfit themselves in motor cycle attire, the full face helmet, boots and clothing designed to survive high speed bitumen slides?
OK I'll test this myself, my wife says she gets to be zombie but I'm sure it's my turn but what's the use of arguing?

Sadly the biker outfit didn't work, some areas are made to withstand contact, inner thigh not so much.
Of course she attacked with zeal, knowing where the best biting was to be had.
God help us if she every truly turns zombie full time.

Anyway I still think they're all pretty dumb, does the disease select for stupid?
What happened to the Robinson Crusoe spirit of building stuff? grumble grumble...

(1) deadering: to make deader.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Tank

Well I'm up to speed now. It's seriously pissing me off the number of times Nagus could have been killed by Rick et. al. AND NOBODY FUCKING TOOK THE SHOT!!!

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

I stopped watching at the end of series 6 for over a year and then my set top box started recording series 7. So I got series 7 on DVD. Binge watched that and have now watched the first 8 episodes of series 8.  :popcorn:

Now Sasha has turned up in Star Trek Discovery!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on December 31, 2017, 12:23:33 PM
Well I'm up to speed now. It's seriously pissing me off the number of times Nagus could have been killed by Rick et. al. AND NOBODY FUCKING TOOK THE SHOT!!!

I don't think it would matter anyway since they all seem to be really terrible shots.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

R.I.P. Carl.  There was some badassery in the season premiere, so I'm slightly hopeful things will pick up.