Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Things that make you chuckle
« Last post by Dave on Today at 08:37:42 AM »
Politics / Re: Sigh
« Last post by Dave on Today at 08:29:33 AM »
So, to be blunt about it, any atheist obstetrician who refuses to treat a Catholic woman having potentially fstal difficulties with her seventh oregnancy is safe on moral grounds? Though I would hope the doctor would work to save the innocent child.

The whole idea is as morally and ethically repugnant as those who conceived of it.

Bold = edit.
Social Issues and Causes / Re: Call for FGM to be made legal in Nigeria
« Last post by Dave on Today at 08:23:20 AM »
Coincidentally, I checked out a book at the library today.    It is titled; Infidel, by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.  I think that she has some first hand authority to address this subject.  Most of you know who she is and you may admire her for having a mind of her own and the enormous fortitude that caused her to fight back.   

Off topic.....I got two books today. The other one is titled: Alt-America. The rise of the radical right in the age of trump.

Be interesting to plot how many books are written, on the president and the effects of his policies, in the first year of all presidencies. Betcha Trump would be the winner!
History / Re: Harry and Meghan
« Last post by Magdalena on Today at 08:02:23 AM »
^ It does!

I dont get why they wont just quietly pay her off with a nice sum, perhaps get her a job in a soap opera or an "Establishment" as long as she agrees to NEVER SEE HARRY AGAIN!.
Oh, boy...Well, that's not gonna happen, is it?

Why are you bitching about it here?
Agatha:

Science / Re: Science image dump
« Last post by Dave on Today at 07:58:20 AM »
For the science bit: the sudden cooling and hardening of the glass from the outside causes  stresses inside, things like glass shrink as they cool, but the inside can't. That sudden cooling toughens the glass, so withstanding hammer blows, but the tail is still fragile. So if the tail's tough skin is broken those stresses relax in a wave front through the drop.

Pretty sure the shattering effect of a toughened glass car windcreen is the same. A centre punch breaking the skin anywhere causes the whole thing to shatter.
« Last post by SisterAgatha on Today at 07:46:47 AM »
^ It does!

I dont get why they wont just quietly pay her off with a nice sum, perhaps get her a job in a soap opera or an "Establishment" as long as she agrees to NEVER SEE HARRY AGAIN!.

Why does noone buy into the CIA conspiracy?

...So...If nobody buys into the CIA conspiracy...Can we finally drop it? What else is there to talk about?  :unsure:
History / Re: Why isn't the Pacific Theater Commemorated?
« Last post by Magdalena on Today at 06:56:39 AM »
This is so weird.

Agatha, why did you change the question?
The original question you wrote: Why does it seem the European Theater gets more attention than the Pacific one?
If you google it, it takes you to another forum with the exact same question, very similar vocabulary.

:eyebrow:

« Last post by Magdalena on Today at 06:43:10 AM »
I dont think Harry should marry a black woman.
It's a wonderful thing that the royal family doesn't give a shit about what you "think" and that Harry will marry her anyways and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. :tellmemore:

This must hurt you, and/or infuriate you. :tellmemore:

Oh, well.
Why does noone buy into the CIA conspiracy?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10