News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

The pounding stopped but I did manage to get a reading on my mom's pulse oximeter before it did. My heart rate was dropping to 35 bpm and then rocketing to 150 bpm every ten seconds or so. I'm going to the doctor this morning. Last night was a struggle to get my insurance information sorted.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 21, 2019, 01:30:59 PM
The pounding stopped but I did manage to get a reading on my mom's pulse oximeter before it did. My heart rate was dropping to 35 bpm and then rocketing to 150 bpm every ten seconds or so. I'm going to the doctor this morning. Last night was a struggle to get my insurance information sorted.

Yes, please get it checked out, JJ.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

Well the doctor was a waste of time. Off to the hospital to have some monitoring implant put in.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 21, 2019, 03:58:25 PM
Well the doctor was a waste of time. Off to the hospital to have some monitoring implant put in.

24 hour Holter monitor?

jumbojak

I think that's what he called it. I will give the nurse who got the ekg stickers on me without shaving credit. She has mad skills.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 21, 2019, 04:22:59 PM
...I will give the nurse who got the ekg stickers on me without shaving credit. She has mad skills.

;D

jumbojak

I left the stickers on and the nuff nuffs took them off. And couldn't get the new ones on...

jumbojak

I got an EMS trainee to draw blood. She looked at the vein in my left arm and said, "This is going to be soooo easy...." then said, "Shit, I blew it!" This was while blood was pouring out of me onto the bed.

Dark Lightning

You have some crap going on there, jj. May you be graced with more competent medical help.

In my case, that nice clean piece of wood that gouged my arm had some sort of gack on it, and now the gouges are infected. I can't use any sort of topical antibacterial ointments such as Bacitracin, I'm allergic to all of them. I have to scrub the open wounds with soap and water, then apply new bandages.  :(

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 21, 2019, 04:55:18 PM
I left the stickers on and the nuff nuffs took them off. And couldn't get the new ones on...

Sorry, nuff nuffs?  :no idea:

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 21, 2019, 05:15:36 PM
I got an EMS trainee to draw blood. She looked at the vein in my left arm and said, "This is going to be soooo easy...." then said, "Shit, I blew it!" This was while blood was pouring out of me onto the bed.

:picard facepalm:

jumbojak

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 21, 2019, 05:29:08 PM

An Aussie frIend taught me that. Essentially it means dummy.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 21, 2019, 05:40:54 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 21, 2019, 05:29:08 PM

An Aussie frIend taught me that. Essentially it means dummy.

Ah, ok. ;D

Buddy

Jeeze JJ, are you at a training hospital?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

I don't know. Never actually saw a doctor and didn't know who to ask. An assistant referred me to a cardiologist though. Not sure how that works either. The assistant diagnosing me and providing the referral, I mean.