News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What Atheists think about Homosexuality?

Started by OhCheese, August 05, 2011, 09:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OhCheese

As I said that I am a gay man and I had a lot of negative thoughts about my homosexuality when I been believe in God, but not anymore.

I am a member in Arabic Atheist forum and when I talked about my homosexuality there was a members didn't like that at all and they even asked me to don't reply for any subject that they post and they will do the same with my subjects. anyway that make me know that even Atheist people has negative view for homosexual but that doesn't mean because they are Atheist, Atheism it doesn't tell you how to live or what you should do in your life, it is just cares about God existence.

So what I want to know here is what you think about homosexuality??

Stevil

People don't need my approval with regards to whom they love or whom they have sex with, what positions or how many people, or whether contraceptives are used, whether it is for procreation or recreation.

As long as it is consentual and each person is of age and sound mind, and as long as it is in an appropriate place e.g. not on a public sidewalk, then it is none of my business.

Davin

As long as something doesn't unreasonably harm another person against their will, it should be none of anyone elses business. Homosexuality falls under that.

Edit: I don't mean that people should keep it to themselves, I just mean that no one should be trying to stop or control it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Whitney

I don't think any different of my gay friends than I do my straight friends.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Munchkin Goddess

I consider myself homoflexible; therefore, I don't care as long as it is consensual.

OhCheese

Thank you all for sharing your views. all of you talked about there as long as it is not outdoors.....etc so that is not your business.

Well for me I have a very strong feelings about ethics, and that cause me a lot of problems between me and my boyfriend, because he had a lot of sexual experiments before know me, but my opinion about it was that I don't accept it at all, like there is a lot of things people do it (Gay or Straight) about sex sometimes bother me like sex parties, sex in public or sex in nightclub ....etc all that make me feel sick, or somethings in pride happen like naked guys and that most thing I HATE it because who want to see a naked guys in street  >:( I am very very proud of my homosexuality but there is A LOT of things I don't like it in homosexual community.

Stevil

Quote from: OhCheese on August 05, 2011, 11:02:32 PM
Thank you all for sharing your views. all of you talked about there as long as it is not outdoors.....etc so that is not your business.

Well for me I have a very strong feelings about ethics, and that cause me a lot of problems between me and my boyfriend, because he had a lot of sexual experiments before know me, but my opinion about it was that I don't accept it at all, like there is a lot of things people do it (Gay or Straight) about sex sometimes bother me like sex parties, sex in public or sex in nightclub ....etc all that make me feel sick, or somethings in pride happen like naked guys and that most thing I HATE it because who want to see a naked guys in street  >:( I am very very proud of my homosexuality but there is A LOT of things I don't like it in homosexual community.
Maybe they are rebelling against their perception of oppression? Homosexuals are probably similar to Hetrosexual with regards to sex parties and the like. It's not my scene but if everyone going to the party are into it then I won't judge.

Munchkin Goddess

While I can understand why people have issues about sex in public, nudity in public doesn't bother me. There are roughly two kinds of bodies (not including hermaphrodites, but I think that just make it up to four kinds), male and female. I also think the human body is beautiful, wonderful, and artful. To me, there is nothing wrong with nudity. The only problem I foresee is guys getting a hard-on in public, which could be a problem; or people being picked on more for the way their bodies are.

Even though this is my thoughts on nudity in public, there are certain types of nude bodies I never want to see, lol. Plus I'm not 100% secure on how my naked body looks.

Ragnar

QuoteSo what I want to know here is what you think about homosexuality??

I don't really think anything about homosexuality.  Homophobes strike me as people who should just mind their own business.

On the religious aspect; if the God of Judaism, Christianity and Islam is meant to be a kind, loving and mercifull god, then why would he cast people into Hell for the way he made them?

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this. - Terry Pratchett.

Medusa

Quote from: Ragnar on August 06, 2011, 11:02:53 AM

I don't really think anything about homosexuality.  Homophobes strike me as people who should just mind their own business.

On the religious aspect; if the God of Judaism, Christianity and Islam is meant to be a kind, loving and mercifull god, then why would he cast people into Hell for the way he made them?

I've asked this in the past. The answer I got was that though God loves you..YOU choose the actions YOU commit.

Now I ain't saying I follow that. But that's the answer I get.
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

OldGit

OhCheese, you can't really say what atheists think about any particular subject, because the only thing we all have in common is disbelief in god.  But most of us tend to be reasonably liberal and tolerant and don't want to judge other people's sex lives, preach to them or pass laws to control them.  That's certainly my attitude.

xSilverPhinx

I keep wondering who the victim is in a consensual homosexual act, and theistic morality strikes me as abhorrent and immoral.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Stevil

The theists don't seem to care that there is no victim. They see it as a sin, because that is how they have been taught. they then see these people as willfully and continully sinning against their beloved god. I am not sure why some of them take it upon themselves to act in god's absence towards these willful sinners.

OhCheese

Quote from: Stevil on August 06, 2011, 08:15:02 PM
The theists don't seem to care that there is no victim. They see it as a sin, because that is how they have been taught. they then see these people as willfully and continully sinning against their beloved god. I am not sure why some of them take it upon themselves to act in god's absence towards these willful sinners.
Quote from: OldGit on August 06, 2011, 11:10:25 AM
OhCheese, you can't really say what atheists think about any particular subject, because the only thing we all have in common is disbelief in god.  But most of us tend to be reasonably liberal and tolerant and don't want to judge other people's sex lives, preach to them or pass laws to control them.  That's certainly my attitude.

Quote from: Stevil on August 05, 2011, 11:33:58 PM

Well for me I have a very strong feelings about ethics, and that cause me a lot of problems between me and my boyfriend, because he had a lot of sexual experiments before know me, but my opinion about it was that I don't accept it at all, like there is a lot of things people do it (Gay or Straight) about sex sometimes bother me like sex parties, sex in public or sex in nightclub ....etc all that make me feel sick, or somethings in pride happen like naked guys and that most thing I HATE it because who want to see a naked guys in street  >:( I am very very proud of my homosexuality but there is A LOT of things I don't like it in homosexual community.
Maybe they are rebelling against their perception of oppression? Homosexuals are probably similar to Hetrosexual with regards to sex parties and the like. It's not my scene but if everyone going to the party are into it then I won't judge.

Well that usually what I hear from gay people but for me in my opinion that is not excuse to do that "disgusting" things in my opinion.

Quote from: Munchkin GoddessWhile I can understand why people have issues about sex in public, nudity in public doesn't bother me. There are roughly two kinds of bodies (not including hermaphrodites, but I think that just make it up to four kinds), male and female. I also think the human body is beautiful, wonderful, and artful. To me, there is nothing wrong with nudity. The only problem I foresee is guys getting a hard-on in public, which could be a problem; or people being picked on more for the way their bodies are.

Even though this is my thoughts on nudity in public, there are certain types of nude bodies I never want to see, lol. Plus I'm not 100% secure on how my naked body looks

Can you imagine guy getting  hard-on in public  ::), I remember when that was happen to me when I was in school and I was scare if the teacher ask me some question and I need to stand up, so how about naked guy. well I can say that is gonna be brave and rude a same time.

I don't really think anything about homosexuality.  Homophobes strike me as people who should just mind their own business.

I always had that question about why God would send me to fire when I born this way, specially Christianity when they keep saying God is love, God loves you, God come here and die for you .....blah blah blah. phew, thank God that I stop believe in God  :o lol
Quote from: Medusa on August 06, 2011, 11:05:32 AM

I don't really think anything about homosexuality.  Homophobes strike me as people who should just mind their own business.

I've asked this in the past. The answer I got was that though God loves you..YOU choose the actions YOU commit.

Now I ain't saying I follow that. But that's the answer I get.

Well I can see that is mean Homosexuality is a choice, well Why I would choose to be Gay while I know that is gonna make my life as hell, why people in KSA choose to be Gay when they know that gonna cut their heads of their body, why in Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sudan, Uganda.....etc and the result for that is Die. and I am sure I didn't choose to be Gay, I born this way and I remember a first time I had crush on someone was my male teacher in school when I was 11 or 12 something like that, how a guy in that age can choose what he want to be sexuality??

Quote from: OldGit on August 06, 2011, 11:10:25 AM
OhCheese, you can't really say what atheists think about any particular subject, because the only thing we all have in common is disbelief in god.  But most of us tend to be reasonably liberal and tolerant and don't want to judge other people's sex lives, preach to them or pass laws to control them.  That's certainly my attitude.

I thought about that too before post the subject but there is no wrong to sharing the views.
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 06, 2011, 05:27:21 PM
I keep wondering who the victim is in a consensual homosexual act, and theistic morality strikes me as abhorrent and immoral.

Sometimes it is very hard to discuss subjects like Homosexuality with religious people  :-\ because already they decided to disagree about it.

Quote from: Stevil on August 06, 2011, 08:15:02 PM

Maybe because they believe that God wants them to do that, like some crazy man get a dream that Jesus asked him to kill some Gay man live beside him   :o

EDIT: Attributed Munchkin Goddess's quote. Tank