News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

US National Labor Relations Board Has Been Corrupted by Feminazis!

Started by Recusant, February 18, 2018, 01:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Davin on April 03, 2018, 04:36:24 PM
No, you said that the practice of hiring more women would resulting in not hiring the best. Or are you walking that back now?
No, I stand by it.

Sure, I disputed them very poorly. Whatever makes you feel better about avoiding the points and talking about other things. And yet, opposed to what you just said a little farther up, you're saying again, that the practice of hiring more women will result in not hiring the best. Look into why you think that, why do you think that having more women hired means not hiring the best.
Because you are looking to hire from a specific collective, defined by something other than suitability for the job.

So "unskilled" isn't groupable?
"Unskilled" as in lacking formal education can be. As can "Master of arts," or "Electrician" Not the point.

I don't give a shit. Like I already said.
No, you did not say that you did not care. You said you did not care about general political labels.
Um... :lol: you do know that "I don't give a shit" means the same thing as "I don't care" right? I mean right?
Fixed context.

Then why did you say you didn't?
Because at the time, I did not. I got it between me making my reply and you making yours to it in turn.

More coin tossing equals more chance of failure when success requires passing multiple tests and where only one failed test means failure. This is basic stuff here.
This is 180dg to what I stated. Well, not really as I was being lazy. If I OR you OR the HR think a candidate is interesting, they will get an interview, or at least get into a lottery for an interview. (Provided there is a job opening, naturally)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 03, 2018, 04:16:17 PM
Davin,
Thank you for standing up for women here, and out there. I sincerely appreciate it.

"Majestic Gratitude."
I'm standing up for equality. Equality is better for all of us in the long run. If I thought that men were in trouble, and I had an equal amount of evidence for it, I'd be all about arguing for that. That's not the case though, and it's kind of laughable that a bunch of whiny men think it is a problem. That's OK to say right? I'm not sure, maybe it's only OK for other people  to say.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Asmodean

Why would it not be OK? There's nothing controversial or abusive there. Wrong on a point or two, perhaps, but is that not exactly why we debate?

I'm interested though, what was it exactly that you got a strike for? Can you link to it or something?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Davin

Quote from: Asmodean on April 03, 2018, 04:46:29 PM
Sure, I disputed them very poorly. Whatever makes you feel better about avoiding the points and talking about other things. And yet, opposed to what you just said a little farther up, you're saying again, that the practice of hiring more women will result in not hiring the best. Look into why you think that, why do you think that having more women hired means not hiring the best.
Because you are looking to hire from a specific collective, defined by something other than suitability for the job.
Here's the thing though, hiring some one is never a one issue thing. And that still doesn't resolve the issue pointed out in the text that you just quoted.

Quote from: Asmodean
So "unskilled" isn't groupable?
"Unskilled" as in lacking formal education can be. As can "Master of arts," or "Electrician" Not the point.
So when my company hires for junior level or senior level developers, you're against that kind of discrimination? That's roughly based on skill level.

I don't give a shit. Like I already said.
No, you did not say that you did not care. You said you did not care about general political labels.
Um... :lol: you do know that "I don't give a shit" means the same thing as "I don't care" right? I mean right?
Fixed context.
Thanks for fixing your error, but the thing is, and my point is, I don't give a shit. You know, like I already said. Whether you imagined that I was thinking about one or another "liberal" is an error on your side and not mine.

More coin tossing equals more chance of failure when success requires passing multiple tests and where only one failed test means failure. This is basic stuff here.
This is 180dg to what I stated. Well, not really as I was being lazy. If I OR you OR the HR think a candidate is interesting, they will get an interview, or at least get into a lottery for an interview. (Provided there is a job opening, naturally)
That is not my experience for hiring processes. HR is it's own gate and as far as I can tell, it will always be. All hiring considerations must pass through HR. Maybe some companies work differently, doesn't matter, there are still multiple gates making the chance for success, for a woman, much lower than for men because there is a studied and demonstrable bias against women.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on April 03, 2018, 05:01:24 PM
Davin,
Thank you for standing up for women here, and out there. I sincerely appreciate it.

"Majestic Gratitude."
I'm standing up for equality. Equality is better for all of us in the long run. If I thought that men were in trouble, and I had an equal amount of evidence for it, I'd be all about arguing for that. That's not the case though, and it's kind of laughable that a bunch of whiny men think it is a problem. That's OK to say right? I'm not sure, maybe it's only OK for other people  to say.
I know you're standing up for equality. My comment was just for this:
Quote from: Davin on April 03, 2018, 03:31:10 PM
I mean, I get reprimanded for making jokes about things that were said, but a moderator using an intentionally insulting term against specific women is OK?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Quote from: Magdalena on April 03, 2018, 05:13:47 PM
Quote from: Davin on April 03, 2018, 05:01:24 PM
Davin,

"Majestic Gratitude."
I know you're standing up for equality. My comment was just for this:
Quote from: Davin on April 03, 2018, 03:31:10 PM
I mean, I get reprimanded for making jokes about things that were said, but a moderator using an intentionally insulting term against specific women is OK?
I mean I guess I do care about that more than I thought. If the forum is to support civility then the lines drawn don't make sense to me.

I don't think that insulting women, even ones not currently commenting, provides a very friendly environment. I think that in  some contexts it's OK, like in joke threads, where I also think it's OK to make fun of men.

This thread though, talking about issues specific to women getting discriminated against, is not a good place to allow the insulting of women. I mean that kind of literally adds insult to injury.

The thread is already titled, "US National Labor Relations Board Has Been Corrupted by Feminazis!" isn't that enough? Do we really need to add onto that by insulting women?

I'm going to take a break for at least a few hours.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on April 03, 2018, 05:08:37 PM
I'm interested though, what was it exactly that you got a strike for? Can you link to it or something?

Davin did not get a strike, and it wasn't even an official warning: http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=15684.msg370965#msg370965. More of a 'could you please stop fueling the fire?' mod request.

It drags on for a bit until eventually Rift Zone got an official warning.  ::)

As for Asmo, I don't like that he used the word 'wamen', I find it incredibly derogatory, but I'm still waiting for him to make his case.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 03, 2018, 06:55:37 PM
As for Asmo, I don't like that he used the word 'wamen', I find it incredibly derogatory, but I'm still waiting for him to make his case.
I'm typing, I'm typing!  ;)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on April 03, 2018, 07:11:08 PM

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

I've never heard of that term. I assumed it was a typo.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Sandra Craft

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2018, 04:59:11 AM

Me too.  This is how we know we're just too damn old.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Davin

Quote from: Sandra Craft on April 04, 2018, 05:56:12 AM
Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2018, 04:59:11 AM

Me too.  This is how we know we're just too damn old.

He clarified just a bit later that it was not a typo and was intentional.
Quote from: Asmodean on April 02, 2018, 08:27:08 PM
I know well who they are - notice how I spelled "Wamen" in my question..? That's a reference to something.  ;)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Asmodean on April 03, 2018, 07:11:08 PM

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.