News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Ted Cruz Revving Up the Bible Thumpers

Started by Recusant, January 02, 2016, 04:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Bluenose on January 08, 2016, 06:01:54 AM
Purely as an outsider looking in, I cannot for the life of me understand how it is that either of these dipsticks is a serious contender to actually become the GOP nominee.  It boggles my brain even more trying to imagine a situation where either one of them could actually get elected as POTUS.  Surely the US electorate is not that stupid?
This. It astonishes me that such clowns can be considered serious contenders for a nomination, let alone POTUS.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Purely as an outsider looking in, I cannot for the life of me understand how it is that either of these dipsticks is a serious contender to actually become the GOP nominee.  It boggles my brain even more trying to imagine a situation where either one of them could actually get elected as POTUS.  Surely the US electorate is not that stupid?

All of us, no.  Many of us, yes.  Many of those who bother to vote, or aren't prevented from voting, absolutely.

My current worry: that Marco Rubio is trying to set himself up to become Cruz's running mate.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crow

Yes Blue, it sure can be.
Retired member.

Davin

The college doesn't make sense, since most states are purple. The American people are pretty dumb. But... it's still not fair to equate the Republican nominee voters with the American public in general. Like the previous elections over the last few decades, the Republican potentials have gone to the crazy extremes to get the nomination from the largely stupid Republicans. Once they get the nomination, like before, they will have to pull back in and turn their bullshit around when they are running against the Democratic nomination. That's why they all had those hilarious contradictions between their earlier selves and current selves.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Crow

Quote from: Davin on January 08, 2016, 05:46:10 PM
The college doesn't make sense, since most states are purple. The American people are pretty dumb. But... it's still not fair to equate the Republican nominee voters with the American public in general. Like the previous elections over the last few decades, the Republican potentials have gone to the crazy extremes to get the nomination from the largely stupid Republicans. Once they get the nomination, like before, they will have to pull back in and turn their bullshit around when they are running against the Democratic nomination. That's why they all had those hilarious contradictions between their earlier selves and current selves.

It doesn't help that the system is set up in a manner that can make the few the more dominant voice. It can and does bring the base level down a few pegs or two. Not that any other country has it any better but you can see how the system plays into the hands of candidates like Trump and Cruz.
Retired member.

Icarus

^
Alas Blue, A sizeable proportion of the American electorate is that stupid.

Bluenose

Quote from: Icarus on January 09, 2016, 05:10:46 AM
^
Alas Blue, A sizeable proportion of the American electorate is that stupid.

This is what scares me above all else.
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Essie Mae

Meanwhile, here in the UK, the BNP, (British National Party), has been struck off the Electoral Commission's regiser of UK political parties. (Even if it is only because they failed to pay the £25 rgistration fee).
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare