News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Choice between a Curse or Death

Started by Hector Valdez, May 18, 2012, 04:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Quote from: fester30 on May 18, 2012, 10:54:47 PM
This is so not real life.  If someone is holding a gun to your head and forces you to make a choice, usually it's a choice between whether your spouse or your child dies.  I mean it's in the movies so it has to be true!

*Snerk*

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ali on May 18, 2012, 05:12:38 PM
You need to work harder at giving your mom real things to be upset and disappointed about, so she won't have to go looking so hard for bizarre hypothetical scenarios to be upset and dissappointed about.  *nods solemnly*  ;D

This ^ :D

It happens and will happen for some.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Hector Valdez

She was trying to make a point about how god loves me, and I should therefore love him. In her mind, loving god is absolute, to the point of willingly give up our lives for him. I said this was complete horseshit, so she tried to draw a parrallel with her standing in for god. Apparently, my not cussing her would show that I love her so much that I would die for her.

Now, of course I would die for my mom, but such an action would probably need to include saving her life. Calling her a bitch or damning her to hell...not exactly high offenses.

Sweetdeath

Wow..
I'm glad my  mom wasnt a loon like that.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

philosoraptor

Oooooo boy, that's a Pandora's box right there, your mom comparing yourself to god.  Most of the punishments god inflicted on people would constitute as child abuse today-why would you want to draw that kind of comparison?  It sure was loving when god told Abraham to kill his children and then pulled a JK at the last minute.  God is the ultimate troll.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: RenegeReversi on May 20, 2012, 12:27:00 AM
She was trying to make a point about how god loves me, and I should therefore love him. In her mind, loving god is absolute, to the point of willingly give up our lives for him. I said this was complete horseshit, so she tried to draw a parrallel with her standing in for god. Apparently, my not cussing her would show that I love her so much that I would die for her.

Now, of course I would die for my mom, but such an action would probably need to include saving her life. Calling her a bitch or damning her to hell...not exactly high offenses.

Which makes it seem like the value of your life is low, if you should die instead of cussing your mom. Such distortion. ::)

I would die for my family, but doing so because of cussing is rather stupid. I don't know what people try and prove with that...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

Quote from: philosoraptor on May 20, 2012, 02:38:25 AM
Oooooo boy, that's a Pandora's box right there, your mom comparing yourself to god.  Most of the punishments god inflicted on people would constitute as child abuse today-why would you want to draw that kind of comparison?  It sure was loving when god told Abraham to kill his children and then pulled a JK at the last minute.  God is the ultimate troll.

Hahaha!! Your posts are extra A+ tonight. I love it. I'll email you a basket of oranges later :) :)

philosoraptor

Please keep in mind, I prefer my oranges in the satsuma variety.  ;-)

And thank you.
"Come ride with me through the veins of history,
I'll show you how god falls asleep on the job.
And how can we win when fools can be kings?
Don't waste your time or time will waste you."
-Muse

Firebird

Quote from: RenegeReversi on May 18, 2012, 04:44:55 AM
Well, she got really offended and sad. Then I asked her this question:

"If someone was holding a gun to my head, and they demanded that either I curse you or they would kill me, but you got to choose which action I took, what would you have me do?"

What did she say in response to this?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

pytheas

Now, of course I would die for my mom..

that is abnormal you are supposed to follow on from her

your mum should die for you,
you will save your child at the cost of your life

NOt the other way around

"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE

Sweetdeath

Quote from: pytheas on May 23, 2012, 06:43:02 PM

NOt the other way around

I honestly wouldnt die for anyone. I'm selfish. And i like living at the moment.

Asmodean

Heh... I'd do as the person with the gun asked, meanwhile plotting extreme retribution for threatening me into doing something rather than simply asking.

As for spouse vs. kids, in my movie, everyone dies and the bad guys win. I think my movie be more realistic than the H-wood crap, no?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

pytheas

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 23, 2012, 07:13:44 PM
Quote from: pytheas on May 23, 2012, 06:43:02 PM

NOt the other way around

I honestly wouldnt die for anyone. I'm selfish. And i like living at the moment.

you are right, and you are also adolescent if I am not mistaken.

Honestly we die strictly for ourselves, with ourselves and from ourselves.

no one else gets to be even remotely associated or "connected" with the event-it doesn't get more personal

However, some behaviours are subconciously motivated according to an internal clock we all have

up to the age of  25 not only creating children of my own genes was an abomination but also "other people's fruits of their loins" were exceptionally disgusting.

that changed
"Not what we have But what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
"Freedom is the greatest fruit of self-sufficiency"
"Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little."
by EPICURUS 4th century BCE

Stevil

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 23, 2012, 07:13:44 PM
I've had a decent amount of years on my clock, I'd give up the rest so that my kids could get some decent mileage on theirs.