News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Should we talk about the weather?

Started by Eric V Arachnid, December 28, 2014, 12:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

Oh right, weather... I think it's like -5F or something currently. I'm just happy the damn wind finally stopped. I like cold and all but cold driving fine ice crystals in to any exposed skin at 30-50mph isn't a great time.

Supposed to be more snow tomorrow then be like 50F. Because why the fuck not?

Buddy

Sounds like the same thing we got. I'm just happy the temperature is above the negatives now because that was miserable.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 08, 2018, 03:34:04 AM
Oh right, weather... I think it's like -5F or something currently. I'm just happy the damn wind finally stopped. I like cold and all but cold driving fine ice crystals in to any exposed skin at 30-50mph isn't a great time.

Supposed to be more snow tomorrow then be like 50F. Because why the fuck not?

That's what we've had here in Michigan. In fact we just beat a state record from back in the 70's for most consecutive days with the temperature 20 degrees below freezing.

It's been insanely cold here...during the New Years Eve weekend I was in northern Michigan visiting with my daughter and son-in law and not only was it freezing, but we had a couple days of ice fog which made driving hazardous as hell, especially out on the rural roads, and to top it off we got hit with 14 inches of snow one day.

Here's some pictures.

Side view of my car, and that's after I open the passenger door and pushed back some of the snow some!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 13, 2018, 03:01:12 PM

Here's some pictures.

Side view of my car, and that's after I open the passenger door and pushed back some of the snow some!

Bruno, what's up with these black and white photography!?  :headscratch:
Where are the colors?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on January 14, 2018, 06:55:52 AM

Here's some pictures.

Where are the colors?
^
B&W is more atmospheric than colour for snow scenes I think.

If there is someone in a bright jacket or something then the colour contrast works better.

For real effect photoshop the bright colours against a mono scene!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Biggus Dickus

Here's some pictures.

Where are the colors?

Those are colour photographs Mags!

When it's snowing that heavy during mid-late afternoon with an overcast sky, you basically get white and black.

Geesh, you Kalifornians!

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Quote from: Papasito Bruno on January 14, 2018, 10:21:43 PM

Here's some pictures.

Where are the colors?

Those are colour photographs Mags!

When it's snowing that heavy during mid-late afternoon with an overcast sky, you basically get white and black.

Geesh, you Kalifornians!

:shocked:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Buddy

After suffering through a week in the -20/-30F weather, we had a glorious two days of sunshine and temperatures above freezing. Now it's more snow.  >:(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Harmonie

It's another very chilly day. It might not make it out of the teens for a high, a second time this year.

Of course it is bone dry, though. Texas and the deep South has had multiple winter storms this year, but absolutely nothing here. Winter storms are practically avoiding my state altogether!

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Dragonia

It's a glorious, freezing cold day here in the deep South. Snowed a couple inches last night and it will actually stay around all day today. Everything is shut down, our emergency alert system has let everyone know that we ought not be driving. All the neighborhood kids were up and out playing at 8 am this morning. A perfect snow day!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Icarus

My daughter who lives not far from Dragonia had three inches of snow and everything in her town shut down......Schools, restaurants. city hall. and all.   It ain't all that cold in Georgia by some standards. Check this one out......http://www.dariennewsonline.com/news/world/article/big-freeze-russia-Yakutia-world-record-weather-12500823.php

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on January 18, 2018, 02:26:50 AM
My daughter who lives not far from Dragonia had three inches of snow and everything in her town shut down......Schools, restaurants. city hall. and all.   It ain't all that cold in Georgia by some standards. Check this one out......http://www.dariennewsonline.com/news/world/article/big-freeze-russia-Yakutia-world-record-weather-12500823.php

Shit!

I think I would want backups to the backups in conditions like that! Only once been in a condition where my eyelashes froze together, could not open my eyes - frightening!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Guardian85

So, it hasn't snowed in a while up here. Temperature is holding comfortably around the -10c, so quite pleasant at the moment.

And we're about two weeks away from having sunlight again!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Tom62

Yesterday we had a major storm here.
8 people died, mainly due to fallen trees.

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Sandra Craft

^^^ I saw some footage of it, including what looked like the roof of an apartment bldg being torn right off.  I'm horrified anyone would need to go outside in wind like that.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany