News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

^I know! If it weren't for the eyebrows I would never have guessed it was Bran.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Crow

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 09, 2016, 04:15:39 AM
Looks like Bran's legs have also recovered and he's aged enough to be unrecognizable.

I was thinking it was a dream of some sort as he has lots of them. However I also remembered it is Game of Thrones where it brings back more characters from the dead than The Walking Dead and I can't imagine they would leave him under a tree untill the end so legs should be easy. They haven't developed any of the warg stuff either so its not like they are just going to shoehorn that in.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

I can't wait.  :daddance:

What about Jon? Do you guys think he's going to be revived?

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 10, 2016, 09:32:26 PM

Yeah, maybe not revived as they haven't done it in the show (I don't think they have anyway) but I suspect he survives in some way. Would be a bit of an odd point to drop the character simply as it would be a lot of exposition gone. Unless it was to simply build the foundations for the next story similarly to how Ned Stark was as exposition for royalty and give a basis for the other characters.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Crow on March 10, 2016, 10:18:39 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 10, 2016, 09:32:26 PM

Yeah, maybe not revived as they haven't done it in the show (I don't think they have anyway) but I suspect he survives in some way. Would be a bit of an odd point to drop the character simply as it would be a lot of exposition gone. Unless it was to simply build the foundations for the next story similarly to how Ned Stark was as exposition for royalty and give a basis for the other characters.

What about that group of men Arya meet, Brothers of something or other?  Didn't their leader have a priest of the same religion as the Red Witch, who brought him back to life whenever he was killed in combat?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Crow

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 15, 2016, 10:14:45 PM
What about that group of men Arya meet, Brothers of something or other?  Didn't their leader have a priest of the same religion as the Red Witch, who brought him back to life whenever he was killed in combat?

I'd forgot about that in the tv series.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Yes, the Red Priest's name is Thoros of Myr and he brought Beric Dondarrion back from the dead quite a few times. I also think he revived Catlynn Stark after the Red Wedding though I am not sure.

A fan theory regarding Jon Snow's fate is that Stannis' Red Priestess, Melisandre, will use the same power to revive Jon because he will be useful to her somehow in the upcoming book. 

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 16, 2016, 12:49:25 AM
Yes, the Red Priest's name is Thoros of Myr and he brought Beric Dondarrion back from the dead quite a few times. I also think he revived Catlynn Stark after the Red Wedding though I am not sure.

Catlynn Stark, just the person I want still alive.   :o

QuoteA fan theory regarding Jon Snow's fate is that Stannis' Red Priestess, Melisandre, will use the same power to revive Jon because he will be useful to her somehow in the upcoming book.

Oh, whoopie.  Just what the Jon character needs, to become a brainless toy.  At this point the only person I'd be happy to see revived, if necessary, is the Hound.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 16, 2016, 04:00:26 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 16, 2016, 12:49:25 AM

Catlynn Stark, just the person I want still alive.   :o

;D She's Lady Stoneheart now.  :zombie: She appears in the 'A dance with dragons' but was dropped from the show. Probably will appear in season 6. 

QuoteA fan theory regarding Jon Snow's fate is that Stannis' Red Priestess, Melisandre, will use the same power to revive Jon because he will be useful to her somehow in the upcoming book.

Oh, whoopie.  Just what the Jon character needs, to become a brainless toy.  At this point the only person I'd be happy to see revived, if necessary, is the Hound.

Why the Hound?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 16, 2016, 06:06:14 PM

Why the Hound?

I like his face.  I know that doesn't make any sense, but there it is.
Sandy

Pasta Chick

I also like the Hound. Since we never actually saw him die, I'm hoping he shows up again.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 16, 2016, 08:54:52 PM
I also like the Hound. Since we never actually saw him die, I'm hoping he shows up again.

Yeah, left for dead is hardly conclusive, esp. on this show.
Sandy

Crow

This new series better be good, it has been soooo long.
Retired member.