News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

A Game of Thrones (Full of spoilers!)

Started by Sandra Craft, May 28, 2012, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 07, 2016, 09:59:23 PM
I'm sure there's a later GoT thread, but I can't find it.  Probably got eaten in the Great Meltdown.  Anyway, here are a few tidbits to tide us over:

Eight crazy fan theories

GoT related jokes

How would you like it to progress?
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Crow on January 08, 2016, 12:17:06 AM

How would you like it to progress?

I'll have to think about that -- my opinion about a number of things and characters has changed since season 3.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

I think they could stand to kill off some more of those characters I disapprove of... Though I suspect that at least one of them will emerge alive at the curtain call.

In general, I no longer find the cast too disagreeable, so now I can start having problems with the story and such.

What I want to see more of: The dwarf, the overly tall knight-lady, the crippled kid and the dragon mother's nips. What I would not lament to see die forever: Theon and Sansa. I find them both insufferable enough to actually remember their names between seasons.

The big burned guy. I liked that one too. And the now-blind girl. I wonder if the actress portraying her will do an equally good job of playing a blind person.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Well, I'm sure this will never happen, but:

Still want Brianne of Tarth (The Asmo's overly tall knight lady) and Ser Jamie to become a thing.  Doesn't need to be romantic.

Cersai needs to stay in jail forever, tho I know realistically she'll be out and about soon enough, ham-fistedly causing trouble.  She's just too good a bad guy to leave alone.

That Dorne bitch (you know which one I mean) needs to die screaming along with most of her daughters.  Strongly suspect, tho, that they'll be killing the crippled Prince and either taking over or, more likely, putting a puppet of their choosing on the throne.

No longer as impressed with Dany as I was.  I don't dislike her, but she needs a lot more seasoning.

I'm hoping Tyrion, Ser Jorah and the assassin guy team up and make their way to King's Landing to sort that place out.  Ultimately, I'd like to see Tyrion on the Iron Throne with Varys as his hand but know this will never happen.  Would also like to see Davos Seaworthy in that mix somehow.

The Red Witch needs to be eaten by rats, and poor dead Jon needs to stay dead.  I love him, but I'm tired of characters coming back to life.  Enough already.

I'm actually losing interest in Arya (The Asmo's little blind girl).  Never thought it could happen, but it is.  Unless she gets her sight, her sword and her wolf back, I don't see that changing.

I don't know about Margaery and the littlest Cersai/Jamie bastard.  I like them, but just can't think of anything I want them doing unless they rule King's Landing first and then Tyrion takes over.

Bronn needs not to die, both Boltons need to die.  I'd like to see Bronn cancelling both of them out.

Also losing interest in the wandering Starks and their followers.  I suppose Bran could end up leading those under-the-Earth people, but I have to admit I've never been interested in them.  Their only plus is they're not as disgusting as the White Walkers.

Sandy

Sandra Craft

While we're waiting:  What is your Game of Thrones disorder?

I got Jon's social awkwardness: When it comes to verbal behaviour you're not the biggest fan, but you also like to avoid eye contact and interactive gesture when you aren't familiar with a person. Previous social encounters gone wrong may keep you from wanting to open up to others and contributes to your fear of being judged. You remain active with others, yet slightly odd, even though most people find it greatly endearing. (other than the endearing part, I really can't argue with that)

By the way, when does the next season start?
Sandy

Crow

My Game of Thrones disorder: Clinical Sociopath.

You have Ramsay Bolton's sociopathy! Holy cow, you are one intense individual, and conforming to social norms is something you steer away from at all costs. You don't like to respect authority or the law unless it's your own, and punishment isn't such a bad thing to you if you're benefiting from it. You are meticulous planner and remain quite cunning with friends and foe, but your more 'shallow' emotions make it rough for you to connect with normal people that aren't quite on your level.

Cool I could be a CEO.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

PTSD - Survival Mode

You have Sansa's Stark's PTSD! Let's be honest, with all of direct exposure Sansa has been exposed to we're pleased to admit that she seems to be in survival mode much like yourself. Maybe after a negative experience your sleep pattern is disturbed and you develop some unfortunate beliefs about yourself and the world, but in this circumstance your brain is only hijacked. After you've been through a rough patch you continue to pick yourself up again and fight back as you've done in the past. You like to face your external reminders and confront what you've gone though, instead of suppressing it and becoming a slave to symptoms.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on March 04, 2016, 03:42:13 AMBy the way, when does the next season start?

I would like to know this myself, the last season has left us with a bunch of interesting cliffhangers!  ;D I don't think the 6th book on which it would be based has been released yet, so they're probably all enjoying an extended holiday. Unfortunately.

Edited to add: I was wrong, yay! ;D

From Wikipedia:

The sixth season of the fantasy drama television series Game of Thrones was ordered by HBO on April 8, 2014, together with the fifth season, and is scheduled to premiere on April 24, 2016. In contrast to the previous seasons, it largely consists of original content not found in George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, but also adapts material from the upcoming sixth novel in the series, The Winds of Winter, as well as some content from the fourth and fifth novels, A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons.

xSilverPhinx

Does Tyrion die?! His face appears at the end of this teaser clip.  :watching:

Sandra Craft

^^ I'm refusing to even think of this, it's too horrible.
Sandy

xSilverPhinx

Agreed. Tyrion is the best character in GoT, imo.

Crow

It is Game of Thrones. I'm expecting the white walkers or the Boltons to become the new rulers.
Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Crow on March 07, 2016, 02:55:40 PM
It is Game of Thrones. I'm expecting the white walkers or the Boltons to become the new rulers.

I'm betting on the Targaryans.

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 07, 2016, 03:45:27 PM
Quote from: Crow on March 07, 2016, 02:55:40 PM

I'm betting on the Targaryans.

I'm putting my money on the White Walkers. They are fitting to the system of nothing is what it seems, they are introduced as the enemies but you don't really know what they are doing. Whilst those that are developed from the beginning as the heroes are failures or not what they seem.

Plus Bran and the Night's King hook up:
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Looks like Bran's legs have also recovered and he's aged enough to be unrecognizable.
Sandy