News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

"Thou shalt not kill" list

Started by shoruke, August 23, 2007, 04:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

"we must kill in the name of our lord!!" -pope innocent II
"but its against the commandments!"
".....GOD FORGIVES ALL (ecsept muslums, hindu's, non believers, whores ect ect)
"lord! i have met you! i have found proof of your existence! but proof denies faith and without faith you are nothing!"
"ow bugger" god replied, and justly disappeared.

Lindsey_Mcfarren

Quote from: "shoruke"twinkies... LOL, I love it, this just became my favorite forum...

YES the 10 commandments does say "Thou Shalt Not Kill", however the old testament also states "An eye for an eye".  So figure that one out.  The bible is full of contradictions making it imposible for anyone to follow.
Better to reign in HELL then serve in Heaven. - Milton

pjkeeley

QuoteYES the 10 commandments does say "Thou Shalt Not Kill", however the old testament also states "An eye for an eye". So figure that one out. The bible is full of contradictions making it imposible for anyone to follow.
Eh, to be fair, I read that a more accurate translation of the original is "thou shalt not murder." Execution wasn't considered murder.

But I agree that otherwise the Bible is full of inconsistencies and you don't have to look very hard to find them.

rational liberal

It's thou shalt not murder, at least, in the bible that I've read. Personally, I believe that killing is not wrong per se. To me, it depends on what the circumstances are. In war, for example I believe that killing is justified.