News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Need help with a computer booting issue

Started by Amicale, April 05, 2012, 04:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Really?  ???

I don't know how much coin 1500USD is over there, but here, it won't get you too far. Oh, it's a fair amount, but proper IT equipment does cost a fair amount.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on April 06, 2012, 04:31:32 PM
Really?  ???

I don't know how much coin 1500USD is over there, but here, it won't get you too far. Oh, it's a fair amount, but proper IT equipment does cost a fair amount.
1 dollar is approximately 1 Euro if that helps.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

Well again, I wouldn't really say that my laptop is "proper IT equipment."  (Is it weird that I picture your avatar with a mustache when I picture you saying that?)  I don't know what proper IT equipment costs.  But for $1500 I could at least get a Roomba (vacuums the floor) and most likely pay someone to hug me.   8)

AnimatedDirt

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on April 06, 2012, 04:35:48 PM
Well again, I wouldn't really say that my laptop is "proper IT equipment."  (Is it weird that I picture your avatar with a mustache when I picture you saying that?)  I don't know what proper IT equipment costs.  But for $1500 I could at least get a Roomba (vacuums the floor) and most likely pay someone to hug me.   8)

I'd hug you for free! Just let me use your Roomba from time to time, those things are fun!  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Quote from: Amicale on April 06, 2012, 05:31:07 PM

I'd hug you for free! Just let me use your Roomba from time to time, those things are fun!  ;D

Deal *shakes on it*

Buddy

Especially if you have a cat to ride it!  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 06, 2012, 06:04:21 PM

Especially if you have a cat to ride it!  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on April 06, 2012, 04:33:48 PM
Really?  ???

Not what I mean, I think. I was talking about what you actually get for the said amount - I know the relation between USD and NOK and EUR and NOK, but that's not the point.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on April 06, 2012, 07:47:34 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 06, 2012, 04:33:48 PM
Really?  ???

Not what I mean, I think. I was talking about what you actually get for the said amount - I know the relation between USD and NOK and EUR and NOK, but that's not the point.

I know what you're saying, Asmo. Here in Canada, $1,500 US would be a pretty steep price to pay for a pretty decent laptop. Even the higher end ones that people would use for gaming, programming etc seem to run in the $800-$900 range, taxes included. I got my current laptop for about $500, maybe a little more, can't recall. But I just use it for internet browsing and work online (editing/proofreading, writing, teaching, etc) so I don't need the power that others might. I prettymuch just need it to work  :D and having a fast enough internet connection's a good thing, too.

Asmodean

My programming laptop was about 2500 USD brand new... It's high-end, but not too high. A nice top model is over 3000USD.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

I paid around $500 for my current laptop as well.  I'm sure it's not programmer quality, but it does the trick for checking out the internet and occasionally working from home (basically Microsoft Office and Outlook.) 

Whitney

Quote from: Asmodean on April 06, 2012, 08:11:19 PM
My programming laptop was about 2500 USD brand new... It's high-end, but not too high. A nice top model is over 3000USD.

$1300 gaming laptop:  http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0373584
High end enough to run 3d rendering program smoothly.

Asmodean

My low end ACER (The one I'm on now) was just under 1000 USD, and what a piece of shit..!
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.