News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

I think his 2 brain cells are arguing, thus resulting in, spontaneous reversed orifice seepage.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Magdalena

Controversy: Television ad seeks Trump's impeachment
http://www.cbs8.com/story/36685630/commercial-controversy-television-ad-seeks-trumps-impeachment
SAN DIEGO (NEWS ) — A California billionaire is bankrolling an ad campaign, calling on Congress to impeach President Trump. 

Tom Steyer is spending millions to fund the television ads.

"He's brought us to the brink of nuclear war, obstructed justice in the FBI," Steyer says in the ad. "I'm Tom Steyer, and like you, I'm a citizen and it's up to us to do something."

It's a $10-million attack to push President Trump out of office.

Steyer is singlehandedly paying for the commercials that started airing - not just in San Diego last weekend - but across the country.   

He's asking viewers to sign a petition that's being sent to elected officials in Washington urging them to immediately remove President Trump from office.

"The fact of the matter is he is putting us at risk on a daily basis - and you can go to legal scholars - he has clearly met the standard for impeachment," Steyer said. 

Steyer's commercials are being seen, but viewers who spoke with News 8 have more questions than answers.

"What's his agenda behind it?" said one viewer. "Who does he feel will be a better president and why?"

David Harlow who voted for Trump admits he's disappointed so far - believing the president should spend less time tweeting and more time solving important problems.

8)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

This is a public service announcement brought to you by your friends from the "Church of the Sexy Jesus".
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Magdalena

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

^
Yeah, heard that on the BBC three days ago, just waiting for the results or to find out how they justify getting round any embarrasment. Will it be minions of no political importance or bigger (slithery and slimy) fish?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on October 29, 2017, 06:43:47 AM
^
Yeah, heard that on the BBC three days ago, just waiting for the results or to find out how they justify getting round any embarrasment. Will it be minions of no political importance or bigger (slithery and slimy) fish?
We will find out tomorrow.

But...if you know who, fired you know who, for investigating you know who, for doing you know what...then you know who, should also be included in the list of slithery and slimy fish.

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on October 29, 2017, 07:10:23 PM
Quote from: Dave on October 29, 2017, 06:43:47 AM
^
We will find out tomorrow.

But...if you know who, fired you know who, for investigating you know who, for doing you know what...then you know who, should also be included in the list of slithery and slimy fish.

Yeah, El Trumpo is really banging his gums on Twitter about Clinton et al in what looks blantantly like a feeble attempt at a diversion tactic.  Well, we will see if the wash is white tomorrow or if there is still a micoscopic amount of integrity left in the American governmental  system.

Icarus

^ Call me naive, but I still believe that there are a few,very few, political types who are straight shooters.  The ones with integrity and brains for whom I am best acquainted are now retired from the political scene.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on October 29, 2017, 09:02:34 PM
^ Call me naive, but I still believe that there are a few,very few, political types who are straight shooters.  The ones with integrity and brains for whom I am best acquainted are now retired from the political scene.
I am sure there are, Icarus, a few who can see beyond the ideologiy, to the real needs of the people and the nation. But I will bet they don't get to any position of effective power because they do not conform to the patterns of those who have already slithered up the pole. I believe a politician's words only when they are turned into concrete facts.

Sorry, but my observations of both company and local/national government over my life have made ne 98% skeptical and cynical of all things political. As Recusant remarked about the anti-Trump comments made by one Republican senator, basicslly, "What is his agenda . . .?"

Trump has deepened the swamp and many more politicians, good and bad, are sliding down the slope up to their necks. I am hoping that Mueller has kept to objective rather than  politically prejudiced investigation techniques. Have not read a bio of the man so I do not know his history.

Icarus

^ Agreed Dave.  The unfortunate mantra in the political theater is that:"To get along, you must go along"   Damned few who arrive at the nations capitol, or even at the state capitols, are willing to violate that unwritten rule.

Times have surely changed. I'm thinking about the old time legitimate quarrels among the political types that violated the get along concept..  There Was Alexander Hamilton and his infamous and fatal duel with Aaron Burr.  Hamilton had made some unkind statements about Burr and refused to take them back. That became a dueling offense.  Alexander was actually reputed to be a shithead but he was an important figure in our history.

Hamilton is my guy because he was the equivalent  of secretary of the treasury and wanted to assure that tariffs were collected according to the import and taxation rules.  He caused to be put into service, The Revenue Cutter Service, which were armed ships that acted as policemen to observe and enforce the law for incoming ships delivering goods to the American shores.  The Revenue Cutter Service eventually  became the U.S. Coast Guard. I am a veteran of that branch of service and somewhat Gung Ho about that branch of the military. Semper Paratus

Meanwhile we have crooked, greedy, opportunistic, dishonest, and all too frequently stupid, politicians who are running the works. .........................Hey I did that mini rant with even mentioning our tweeter in chief.

joeactor

"Man of Collusion" - new parody from Joe's Dump:

Dave

joeactor