News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 03, 2017, 12:28:35 AM

I love this,...and how very apropos to where things here seem to be headed. Sharing this with everyone.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

;D I'd bet he buys women's gloves to keep his little fingers from freezing.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on February 03, 2017, 03:00:12 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 03, 2017, 12:49:14 PM
Trump Draws.

:rofl:
Also, notice how BIG and MANLY his hands are.  :smilenod:

...On the drawing.  :???:

"All the better to grab pussy with my dear . . ."
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Recusant

This is good: "WH official: We'll say 'fake news' until media realizes attitude of attacking the President is wrong" | CNN

QuoteSebastian Gorka, deputy assistant to President Donald Trump, said Monday that the administration will continue using the term "fake news" until the media understands that their "monumental desire" to attack the President is wrong.

"There is a monumental desire on behalf of the majority of the media, not just the pollsters, the majority of the media to attack a duly elected President in the second week of his term," Gorka, a former Breitbart editor who also holds a PhD in political science, told syndicated conservative radio host Michael Medved.

[Continues . . .]

I didn't know that Trump had another Breitbart goon in the White House, but it's not particularly surprising.

Since the Trump administration apparently views any reporting that isn't fawning adulation of Trump to be an "attack," I'm guessing they'll be using the term a lot over the next four years, or however long the orange charlatan is in office. That won't help their credibility at all, but Trump's supporters will eat it up.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Recusant

Speaking of "fake news," here's a story from one of the worst "offenders," the Washington Post:

QuotePresident Trump met Tuesday morning with a group of sheriffs from the National Sheriffs Association, a group that consists of more than 3,000 sheriffs from around the country. And to this sworn group of  law enforcement veterans, with reporters taking notes, he again repeated a falsehood about the murder rate in America.

Trump told the sheriffs, "the murder rate in our country is the highest it's been in 47 years." He blamed the news media for not publicizing this development, then added, "But the murder rate is the highest it's been in, I guess, 45 to 47 years."

The country's murder rate is not the highest it's been in 47 years. It is almost at its lowest point, actually, according to the FBI, which gathers statistics every year from police departments around the country.

[Continues . . .]

I'm sure that most of the people he was speaking to knew perfectly well that what he was saying was untrue. Willful ignorance or lie? Does it really matter?

This is part of the Trump narrative in which the country is in terrible, terrible shape (sad!), the world (including the cities of the United States) is a "scary place," and he was elected to make everything good again, which is something that he "alone" can do.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on February 07, 2017, 11:55:17 PM
This is good: "WH official: We'll say 'fake news' until media realizes attitude of attacking the President is wrong" | CNN

QuoteSebastian Gorka, deputy assistant to President Donald Trump, said Monday that the administration will continue using the term "fake news" until the media understands that their "monumental desire" to attack the President is wrong.

"There is a monumental desire on behalf of the majority of the media, not just the pollsters, the majority of the media to attack a duly elected President in the second week of his term," Gorka, a former Breitbart editor who also holds a PhD in political science, told syndicated conservative radio host Michael Medved.

[Continues . . .]

I didn't know that Trump had another Breitbart goon in the White House, but it's not particularly surprising.

Since the Trump administration apparently views any reporting that isn't fawning adulation of Trump to be an "attack," I'm guessing they'll be using the term a lot over the next four years, or however long the orange charlatan is in office. That won't help their credibility at all, but Trump's supporters will eat it up.

There is some sort of logic failure there, surely? One can attack the president with entirely accurate, substantiated, news (I hope they do so).

Attacks with "genuinely" fake news are stupid - unless it is by a source acknowledged as being satirical. Otherwise it does more damage to the reporter than the target.

Oh, oh, reconsidering that last: John and Joan Public all too often want to believe whatever confirms their prejudices, regardless of the accuracy of what they read or hear. :(

Dave

Perhaps the "hit-back" against Trump, when he makes inaccurate claims like that, it to simply accurately publish his words, then - with no rhetorical verbiage attached- simply publish the real figures and a citation.

The more verbiage you offer the less chance there is that people will read it and the bigger the chance that you will say something that can be taken out of context and used against you. Or even make a simple error in your use of language or logic that can be exploited by your opponents.

Like saying, or even implying, that all anti-Trump news is fake simply because it is anti-Trump.

Davin

Quote from: Recusant on February 08, 2017, 12:06:59 AM
This is part of the Trump narrative in which the country is in terrible, terrible shape (sad!), the world (including the cities of the United States) is a "scary place," and he was elected to make everything good again, which is something that he "alone" can do.
I think it's because he wants to make people think the country is so bad, that when it gets worse in reality, he'll say, "well look at what I've done, I've made the country a better place!"

Like they refuse to say what the unemployment rate was (4.7%), I presume because when it starts to rise due to their influences and changes and gets back into the double digits like after the housing bubble crash, he'll be all like, "but it used to be 54% and now it's only 18% unemployment, you're welcome!"
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Even Kafka would have had trouble keeping up with Trump!

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on February 08, 2017, 01:53:28 PM
Quote from: Recusant on February 08, 2017, 12:06:59 AM
I think it's because he wants to make people think the country is so bad, that when it gets worse in reality, he'll say, "well look at what I've done, I've made the country a better place!"

Like they refuse to say what the unemployment rate was (4.7%), I presume because when it starts to rise due to their influences and changes and gets back into the double digits like after the housing bubble crash, he'll be all like, "but it used to be 54% and now it's only 18% unemployment, you're welcome!"

Yeah he is doing the same with Arnold Schwarzenegger on the Apprentice tv ratings. He says they are all so bad but he got renewed for another season. Trump got fired. Someone did better and it's not Donald.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Gloucester on February 08, 2017, 02:23:16 PM
Even Kafka would have had trouble keeping up with Trump!

Even Kafka wouldn't subject one of his characters to a Trumptopia

Not even Kafka would subject a Joe to Trumptopia.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Dave

It seems Trump fits well in Bill the Bard's work.

From "The Comedy of Errors."

QuoteHe is deformed, crooked, old and sere,   
Ill-fac'd, worse bodied, shapeless every where;   
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,   
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.

http://www.bartleby.com/70/1542.html

But, in this case, not so bloody funny . . .