News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 21, 2016, 01:06:07 AM
Don't know if you've all seen this yet -- hope it plays, I can't find it anywhere but Uncle George's FB page:  George Takei on Donald Trump, in Spanish

Thank you - shared!

Magdalena

Quote from: joeactor on July 21, 2016, 01:59:38 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 21, 2016, 01:06:07 AM
Don't know if you've all seen this yet -- hope it plays, I can't find it anywhere but Uncle George's FB page:  George Takei on Donald Trump, in Spanish

Thank you - shared!

Wow! I'm also gonna share it, thank you, BooksCatsEtc.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

Quote from: Magdalena on July 20, 2016, 07:21:37 PM. . . It has happened before, you know, but not many remember. I learned about it in my Chicano Studies Class in college . . .

--Very sad.  :sadnod:

Thank you for the link, Magdalena.

Trump likes to cite a different mass deportation (link edited--thank you for pointing out my error, M): "Trump: Eisenhower deported 1.5 million immigrants" | Politifact
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

^^^
That's the same link I posted.  :scratch:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

joeactor

Quote from: Magdalena on July 21, 2016, 02:48:14 PM
Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz:

My Facebook post afterward:
"I'm shocked.
I just gained a modicum of respect for Ted Cruz snubbing Donald Trump.
Kinda like when Darth Vader threw Emperor Palatine into the power core.
Kinda... But not quite."

Davin

So Cruz refused to endorse Trump because Trump insulted his family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3701464/I-not-habit-supporting-people-attack-wife-attack-father-Cruz-doubles-refuses-endorse-Trump-angry-Texas-delegates-cowboy-hats-demand-GOP-s-nominee.html

But Cruz signed a pledge right? One where he said he would endorse whomever the nominee was? Well, Trump had already rescinded his pledge for being treated unfairly, so does that really apply any more?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/30/trump-rescinds-pledge-to-back-republican-nominee-cruz-kasich-refuse-to-commit-support.html
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Bad Penny II

Ted = machine gun bacon guy
He despairs that Donald is v 1
meanwhile in Turkey...
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Recusant

Quote from: Magdalena on July 21, 2016, 02:35:28 PM
^^^
That's the same link I posted.  :scratch:

Gaah! Thank you for that, Madgalena:embarrassed:

I had the stories up in different tabs during the day, and had been meaning to post a reply here. I'm looking after somebody's dog right now, and she was reminding me that it was time for our walk, but I wanted to get that post done before we went out, so I hurried and put the wrong story in. Corrected now. Yes, I'm blaming it on the dog, just as any guilty 10 year old might.  ;D
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Magdalena

Quote from: Recusant on July 21, 2016, 07:08:59 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 20, 2016, 07:21:37 PM. . . It has happened before, you know, but not many remember. I learned about it in my Chicano Studies Class in college . . .

Thank you for the link, Magdalena.

Trump likes to cite a different mass deportation (link edited--thank you for pointing out my error, M): "Trump: Eisenhower deported 1.5 million immigrants" | Politifact
:secrets1: My dear, Recusant, that's still the same link I posted. Different tittle, but same link. We don't want to confuse Steeler:grin:
Maybe it's that ghost in the machine that gentle_dissident mentioned a few days ago. I think it follows me. :notsure:

Recusant

Yeah, ghost in the machine. It was messing with my post, mischievous spirit that it is. Yeah, that's the ticket. Dogs and ghosts, bad combination all around.

I think I've got it right this time. Re-posting the link here.

"Trump: Eisenhower deported 1.5 million immigrants" | Politifact
— H. L. Mencken

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on July 20, 2016, 07:21:37 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on July 20, 2016, 06:19:10 PM
I just can't believe his anti-immigrant fan base has no issue with her being an immigrant that married into citizenship and his money. That's the height of lazy immigration right there.

Noting that I don't personally have a problem with this, as it is an arrangement between consenting adults... I just find it extremely hypocritical.
I just can't believe some of his anti-immigrant fan base are Mexican Americans or Mexican immigrants. --Specially after what Trump said about them. Maybe they think that when Trump rounds up and deports all of us, he'll spare them. --Yeah, right!  :eyeroll:

Anyways...

If Trump wins, and I stop posting here, you'll know I'm on a train heading south, even though I'm from El Salvador and I'm a US citizen, I probably look Mexican to him and must be deported. --Oh well.  :sad sigh:

It has happened before, you know, but not many remember. I learned about it in my Chicano Studies Class in college:
:secrets1: (Steeler, this is not sarcasm, "click" on the link.)
Mass Deportation May Sound Unlikely, But It's Happened Before

Mexican and Mexican-American families wait to board Mexico-bound trains in Los Angeles on March 8, 1932. County officials arranged these mass departures as part of "repatriation campaigns," fueled by fears that Mexicans and Mexican-Americans were taking scarce jobs and government assistance during the Great Depression.
Los Angeles Public Library/Herald Examiner Collection

You don't have to worry about being deported.  They won't be able to get past that wall he's going to build.  It will keep as many in as it does out.

Magdalena

...Funny you mentioned 'The Wall'...  :grin:
US election: Artist builds wall around Trump's Hollywood star

The artist, who emigrated to the US from the UK four years ago, says he's not a fan of Donald Trump, "In the US you'll interact with immigrants from all over the world and it's one of the things that makes the US so great. Donald Trump's policy proposals are a threat to all of the immigrants."

Ecurb Noselrub

My main objection to the wall (other than the fact that it ain't gonna happen and it wouldn't work and it's stupid) is that it would destroy a lot of beautiful scenery.  I cannot imagine Big Bend National Park with a wall along the Rio Grande.  Total rape of nature.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 22, 2016, 01:09:18 AM
My main objection to the wall (other than the fact that it ain't gonna happen and it wouldn't work and it's stupid) is that it would destroy a lot of beautiful scenery.  I cannot imagine Big Bend National Park with a wall along the Rio Grande.  Total rape of nature.

Considering one of the conservative platforms involves destroying national parks, I doubt they'll care.