News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

Re: Reasons To Be Grumpy thread

Started by jumbojak, October 27, 2012, 09:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deidre32

Monday's coming....but, I'll try to make the best of it.
Every silver lining, has a cloud.

hermes2015

Quote from: Deidre32 on June 25, 2018, 02:34:34 AM

Hi Deirdre. I also can't remember you. What kind of job are you not looking forward to?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Deidre32

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 25, 2018, 04:48:22 AM
Quote from: Deidre32 on June 25, 2018, 02:34:34 AM

Hi Deirdre. I also can't remember you. What kind of job are you not looking forward to?

I wasn't on here for long, I post on a few other atheist sites. But I like my job (marketing) but the environment has been toxic lately. So far so good though for a Monday. :)

Every silver lining, has a cloud.

Velma

Monday morning I woke up with a terrible pain in my left shoulder. Nothing really helped. I'm not sure if I slept on it wrong or if I injured it somehow. Today it is no better. I'm grumpy because I'm in pain and falling apart and there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it.  >:(
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

Quote from: Velma on June 26, 2018, 06:26:09 PM
Monday morning I woke up with a terrible pain in my left shoulder. Nothing really helped. I'm not sure if I slept on it wrong or if I injured it somehow. Today it is no better. I'm grumpy because I'm in pain and falling apart and there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it.  >:(

{{{Velma}}}

:hug:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Velma

Quote from: Dave on June 26, 2018, 06:34:39 PM
Quote from: Velma on June 26, 2018, 06:26:09 PM

{{{Velma}}}

:hug:
Thanks. I'm also a bit grumpy because I didn't sleep well due to my shoulder hurting. There's not much point in going to the doctor about my shoulder. All I will be told to do is to rest it, put heat or ice on it (whichever helps more), and take an over-the-counter pain medication. No reason to pay someone to tell me something I already know to do.  :)
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Dave

I may or may not have had a bug a couple of weeks ago but there seems to be half a chance that I have a dose of hayfever now, the cough, sneexing, fever, runny nose etc just segued from one to the other with hardly a pause.

Still, one snippetette of good news, had my 6 monthly bloods done last week - one result back so far, blood sugar is normal, holding that diabetes off. Only liver, kidneys, electrolytes, chloresterol etc to go. Oh, and the e(c)(k)g.

Velma

Quote from: Dave on June 26, 2018, 09:30:45 PM
I may or may not have had a bug a couple of weeks ago but there seems to be half a chance that I have a dose of hayfever now, the cough, sneexing, fever, runny nose etc just segued from one to the other with hardly a pause.

Still, one snippetette of good news, had my 6 monthly bloods done last week - one result back so far, blood sugar is normal, holding that diabetes off. Only liver, kidneys, electrolytes, chloresterol etc to go. Oh, and the e(c)(k)g.
Isn't falling apart fun?!  :Gaah:

Dave

Dave

Stairs are a pain in the chest - especially when it's my turn to clean them!

jumbojak

Mama's Trailblazer broke down tonight while I was driving them to pick up my nephew. I wasn't in my car so my diagnostic equipment wasn't with me. I did manage to narrow it down to a likely wiring issue but only having an 8x10mm wrench, some mini pliers, and assorted screwdrivers in my pocket means that a proper diagnosis and, hopefully, repair will have to wait for tomorrow.

I do plan on getting a few cheap multimeters to scatter amongst the vehicles. That would've made things much easier.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dragonia

^^^
JJ, you carry diagnostic tools around with you regularly? Like multimeters and code readers and stuff? You really do remind me of my husband.  :grin:  always prepared, can fix anything.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

jumbojak

Quote from: Dragonia on June 29, 2018, 03:15:04 AM
^^^
JJ, you carry diagnostic tools around with you regularly? Like multimeters and code readers and stuff? You really do remind me of my husband.  :grin:  always prepared, can fix anything.

The basic kit is two scan tools, at least one meter, test light, primary wire in a few different guages, plus a butane soldering iron and a decent pair of crimpers. They have all come in handy over the years.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Quote from: jumbojak on June 29, 2018, 12:35:00 PM
Quote from: Dragonia on June 29, 2018, 03:15:04 AM
^^^

The basic kit is two scan tools, at least one meter, test light, primary wire in a few different guages, plus a butane soldering iron and a decent pair of crimpers. They have all come in handy over the years.

I carry a hammer, multi-screwdriver, pair of pliers, duct tape and knife. Tool that gets most use is the pair of pliers - to take the aerial off before going into the car wash!

But then, I rarely go further than a bus ride ot two and have recovery cover. Used to carry a full tool box, must have cost a fortune in gas over the years!

Best bodge fix I ever did was on a student owned big VW that had its dual carb hanging on, and flapping about, by one side of the rubber mount. That involved two wire coat hangers and a bed spring. Only the pliers needed. Doubled its mpg and was still going like that a year later!

Tank

I have a card in my wallet with a phone number on it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.